Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25th School Reunion

Options
  • 09-06-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks

Posted this somewhere else and was recommended to move it here!

Organising our 25th reunion and have had great response so far. Naturally there are always some that we just have no way of getting in touch with. Have been on FB and word of mouth etc. Any other ideas?

Can I post the details here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

What school?

I don't see the point in posting up extra details. If any of the forum users attended the school or know of people who attended the school they will PM you.

I would have thought that Facebook or Friends Reunited would be your best bet for contacts.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

De La Salle Raheny - 1986

We have used FB but not everyone uses that and Friends Reunited is pretty rubbish - tried it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

That mythical place called hell would freeze over first before I would go back to a school reunion.
    *shudder*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Local newspaper, parish newsletters, school website, I have also seen signs outside of schools themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Was at my 25th reunion 6 years ago. Brilliant turnout and had a great night. Wish we could do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

My school was demolished a year after I left it.... Odd as it was only built the year before I started there. I doubt it even registers anywhere now.

As for reunion. I seriously doubt if any of us would like to think about those formative years too fondly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well our 20th was a brilliant night so hopefully the 25th will be just as good. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Class of '67. Boarding school in Mayo - now closed. Reunions every few years. Open to all past pupils but the above (my year) always the best represented. We weren't the greatest academically or for application but were (and are) the best craic. Over the years, we've had pps from USA, Croatia, South Africa, UK, Scotland, Spain, South America and most corners of Ireland. Old teachers used get invites and quite a few attended. Sadly the last living one passed away some weeks before our last get together. Of course a few of the pps have passed on. Lots of experience at this and I've just spoken to one of the organisers. He says to ring around the local County/Irish papers and they'll generally put a mention in FREE (if you speak to them nicely :)). We all take our wives/partners and make it a two night stay at various hotels in the mid/midWest region.

A word of caution. These things take quite a bit of organising so it's nice to have a panel of four or five - to pool ideas.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Dovies wrote: »
    Organising our 25th reunion and have had great response so far. Naturally there are always some that we just have no way of getting in touch with. Have been on FB and word of mouth etc. Any other ideas?

Having similar problems myself for a similar reunion.

We have had some success just googling the peoples names - in some cases they are listed on companies websites as a contact and you can get in touch that way.

Also sent someone to call to old home address and the parents were able to pass contact details.

Generally asking around - even if people arent in touch sometimes they know what someone ended up doing - we knew one guy had become a Garda, no one in touch with him but through other friends were able to find out which station and leave a message.

We also asked the school to help with last known addresses but they were not helpful as nothing computerised.

The people who are hardest to track down, who havent stayed in touch with anyone, are sometimes not interested in such an event anyway.

Advertisement