Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband, best coverage

Options
  • 09-06-2011 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Im wondering about Broadband coverage and who is best around the Blackrock, Dundalk area. I have no phoneline and dont intend to get one. Im thinking of either Vodafone or 3. Ive been told 3 have a mast on the community centre in the rock

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

hi i have imagine wi-max , very happy with it... look it up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

net one

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

Try digiweb too.
    I used the mobile broadband dongles (meteor vodafone and three) all were good at the beginning but after a few weeks the had gotten very slow. If you want to try them just get a PAYG one for a few months instead of signing up for a 12month contract and having no coverage after a few weeks(personal experience!)
    Maybe phone Three ask them where their mast is??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Hi Folks

Im wondering about Broadband coverage and who is best around the Blackrock, Dundalk area. I have no phoneline and dont intend to get one. Im thinking of either Vodafone or 3. Ive been told 3 have a mast on the community centre in the rock
    Regarding Wimax
    A word of warning: http://ratemyisp.ie/ratings/imagine/

I personally have had a full year of hell with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Digiweb's ordinary wireless is not nearly as good as Metro and when I used it there were big slowdowns in the evening. It wasn't much cheaper than line rental+broadband.

Net1 offer very good speeds, as do Digiweb Metro. Net1's download limit is much more generous than the digiweb offerings but the install fee can be higher. It's also a bit pricier than Metro. Net1 offer far better upload speeds than anyone else on the market (only a leased line costing tens of thousands a year would give you better) so if you need to send documents etc to people then Net1 is the definite choice.

If you want to see where the nearest phone mast is, have a look at http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Digiweb's metro doesnt cover Blackrock very well either thats why they TBC metioned the other wireless offering from Digiweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The Digiweb FWA product is very expensive for the 1 mbit connection and with phone line installs being completely free right now, I'd go with DSL. They'll all have 12 month contracts either way unless anyone gets one of the PAYG mobile internet connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Louth Video DVD

Firstly, may I state that I do NOT work for or have any input into the local Broadband provider "Net1" in Dundalk, however I have been a Very happy customer of theirs in Dundalk, for almost 7 years.

I produce Wedding Videos & DVDs for a living and NEED a consistent broadband speed in both Upload and Download for my video business.

Net1 have always delivered fantastic speeds in BOTH directions. Most other providers cannot offer this, and you end up suffering Dramatic loss of speed when other neighbours who are clients of theirs go online at the same time. This is called Contention Ratio: the higher the number of clients allowed onto the system... the Lower YOUR speed becomes.

Net1 have a very LOW Contention Ratio, and I never have slow internet.
    I am the first to admit that their Installation charges seem a little expensive, but NOT when you find out how great their service is.
    You get what you pay for , not the usual Artificially Inflated promises of the larger providers.

Visit them on www.Net1.ie and see for yourself.

Gerry Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

I'm also a happy customer of Net1's - I have to say that they're the best option for this area.

Advertisement