Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were you happy with English Paper 2?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I asked for a third one. But I dont write on the back of pages.

Why?! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

The best paper ever

PJelly wrote: »
    All in all. BEST. POSSIBLE. PAPER. Aside from my (possible) f**k up in paper one, and comparative interpretation may be a bit off. I *might* be kinda hoping for an A2. Though a B1 would be LURVLEY.

What happened you in paper 1?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lisabisa

I have never left an exam as happy as I left today. Woah.
    And I'm a repeat who done well in English ahaha.
    Pure delighted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Befor I start to over analyse, I'll tell you what I thought when I came out of the exam hall..

COMPARATIVE
    I did CC Q1. Felt a bit of a to0l saying "this made me feel uncomfortable" all the time. What sh1te English!

Haha same was so wierd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I asked for a third one. But I dont write on the back of pages.

what the hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

That was very nice... suspiciously nice almost! What poems did people talk about for Frost. The only big simple deceptions I could think of were in The Road Not Taken and Mending Wall and then I kind of forced a bit of Out, Out-... only 3 whoops but I talked about them in detail...
    The Claudius question was nice and so was the theme and issue one... though I felt a bit stupid being like "my understanding of love and marriage has been profoundly changed by my comparative study..."

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hope93

Befor I start to over analyse, I'll tell you what I thought when I came out of the exam hall..

EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK YAAAAYYY!! :D

Mainly because English was over for good..

SINGLE TEXT

The Grapes of Wrath. I did Q1 abot Jim Casy being the embodiment of Steinbecks theories.

I went on about humanism, Emmersonian concept of the oversoul (hope to God thats right) and strength in unity. Found myself rambling a bit towards the end

COMPARATIVE
    I did CC Q1. Felt a bit of a to0l saying "this made me feel uncomfortable" all the time. What sh1te English!

UNSEEN POEM
    Was rushing for time. Did Q1 part i) I said frustration. Part ii) I used the first two lines and wrote a load of dung about personification, euphony, metahhors and alliteration

PRESCRIBED POETRY
    Yay for Dickinson :) I only studied her and I actually almost jumped for joy when I saw her. Only discussed 4 poems though, and the last one was very brief!

All in all, I fels happy coming out, looking back now is useless because I'll just go crazy!

Was writing till the superintendant literally had to GRAB my paper off me :o
    In the comparative I did not once say 'This made me feel uncomfortable' or anything similar :L All I wrote was to do with my three texts. Not a single word refering any of it to making me feel uncomfortable. It said something like write about things that made you feel uncomfortable, and seeing as my texts involved war, violence, political corruption I just wrote loads on them :D

I did Dickinson also, she was my fall back though and I also did 4 poems and the last 1 was only like 8 lines :( Used very little quotes as well, and I think I mixed up 2 of her poems! I said After Great Pain had the quote 'Beating - Beating - Till I though my Mind - Was going Numb' when It could of been I heard a fly buzz! Didn't quote properly so will probably get docked a lot :(

On the unseen I said the emotion was Anger xD

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

I was delighted with it, never had much study for Claudius though. But the question was fine. I didn't get enough time to do the unseen poem. Oh well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

ive just realised my wrist is all swollen:eek: and i have geo in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 murphp

Nailed theme/issue and Claudius. Did Frost - could have done a bit better only got three and a bit pages on him. Rushed unseen - got the main points down though!

Sparkie93 wrote: »
    I could easily write more in Geo than I did today :(

Not looking forward to the honors question :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Some posts moved in here ... can we try to avoid starting multiple "aftermath" threads, folks, or no-one will be able to find anything else in the place, thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    what the hell

Either do I! In general I don't but those booklets are so annoying cos they kind of bend back on themselves and plus the pen dents the page!

Much handier to write on one side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

Happier than yesterday anyway :D very happy with Claudius, CC was ok but not sure if I releated it to the question :/ Frost question was a little rushed but happy with it..unseen was AWFUL! didnt get enough time to do it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

Hope93 wrote: »
    In the comparative I did not once say 'This made me feel uncomfortable' or anything similar :L All I wrote was to do with my three texts. Not a single word refering any of it to making me feel uncomfortable. It said something like write about things that made you feel uncomfortable, and seeing as my texts involved war, violence, political corruption I just wrote loads on them :D

I did Dickinson also, she was my fall back though and I also did 4 poems and the last 1 was only like 8 lines :( Used very little quotes as well, and I think I mixed up 2 of her poems! I said After Great Pain had the quote 'Beating - Beating - Till I though my Mind - Was going Numb' when It could of been I heard a fly buzz! Didn't quote properly so will probably get docked a lot :(

On the unseen I said the emotion was Anger xD

I Felt A Funeral...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

The most recent Shakespeare question i did ws about two weeks ago and the secnod closest about two weeks before that... The first was on deception and revenge and the other on Claudius!

That paper was magical. Even paper I wasn't bad... It was so god damn fair! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

Lovely Paper - claudius and revenge came up the 2 i predicted :)
    wasn't to keen on the cultural context q but meh
    poetry - the boland q was easy even couldn't be happier, the frost q was nice to but i went for boland in the end

one class in my school the examiner let them look at the paper 10 mins early, we could just hear screaming in our room, then our examiner made us wait 5 minutes paper in front of us but not allowed to read it :/ everyone was having a panic attack you could feel the suspense haha, rush to the poetry section and sigh of relief :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 LMFAOFLOL

It was a lovely exam but don't be lured into a false sense of security. I'm beginning to become a little bit alarmed that everyone thought it was fantastic. There has to be a catch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kittykat4780

I was delighted with the paper, it was lovely, everything i studied came up and i nearly died when i saw Eavan boland through the back of the paper :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

I was thinking it was good but that damn Frost question is wrecking my mind. I don't know if i did it right or not :S

LMFAOFLOL wrote: »
    It was a lovely exam but don't be lured into a false sense of security. I'm beginning to become a little bit alarmed that everyone thought it was fantastic. There has to be a catch.

Shut up shut up shut upppp! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nikkaypandarr

LMFAOFLOL wrote: »

Why would there be a catch?

If you don't want to face reality, that's fine by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Sparkie93 wrote: »

Advice for next year's students who fear wrist problems. . .take up shot-putting!. . .written around 28 pages, and have no hand or wrist problems. . .

Why would there be a catch?

I don't mean a catch literally. If the paper worked out for most people the standard for the A grade is going to be raised. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Comparative was ****e for me, was expected though. Hopefully might scrape a B, although my Hamlet wasn't very well structured either.. Good Dickinson despite me running outta time.
    Defo coulda done with another 10mins!
    Round 21 pages though so hopefully it'll be enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

Honestly, could not be happier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    what the hell

I just find that it looks messy if you can see the marks from the writing on the other side.

• Advertisement

polka dot wrote: »
    I Felt A Funeral...
    Ah It's grand then :D

I didn't mean to say After great pain, Meant I felt a funeral lol

I Always mix up her poems, hence why she was my fallback :L

Advertisement