Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price for emptying slatted tank

• 09-06-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Getting a neighbour to empty the tank in the slatted shed this week its a 4 bay 14ft 6 wide tank, the draw is very short and it should have plenty water in it already, just wondering how much this normally costs you lads?
    First time getting it emptied and was looking for a rough price to pay, he's not a contractor so he's not too sure either, its 3/4 full.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

local contractor here with a 22000G tanker charges 40euro an hour.
    may sound expensive but he sure shifts it quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

100 euros a bay to empty tanks around here, ie for a 3 bay single its 300 euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

At that price why would you bother buying your own tanker? thats great value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭charityboy

the tractors must be running on the fumes from the slurry :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

thats the price around here although land is close to the tank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

Dozer1 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    Getting a neighbour to empty the tank in the slatted shed this week its a 4 bay 14ft 6 wide tank, the draw is very short and it should have plenty water in it already, just wondering how much this normally costs you lads?
    First time getting it emptied and was looking for a rough price to pay, he's not a contractor so he's not too sure either, its 3/4 full.
    I've the same size of tank, also with a short draw, and i got it agitated and spread for €580, the agitating took two hours and the spreading twelve hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

ya 2 seasons back i was tied up at work and got local contractor to do it, agitate and spread..100 euro per bay, maybe its gone up a bit since though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I have the same size tank myself. I can't comment on the prices, but I can tell you how long it takes. 40 - 50 minutes agitates the tank completly with a NC3000 - 20 - 25 mins in each agitating point. The tank is so short that it can easily blow from one point to the other and mix very fast. Spreading with an 1100gal tanker takes about 4 - 5 hours if the draw is less than 1km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

[QUOTE=reilig;72681819. Spreading with an 1100gal tanker takes about 4 - 5 hours if the draw is less than 1km.[/QUOTE]

a load every 6 minutes? you are some operator!

snowman707 wrote: »
    a load every 6 minutes? you are some operator!

Where did you get 6 minutes??

A load about every 15 minutes would be regular on a short draw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

reilig wrote: »
    I have the same size tank myself. I can't comment on the prices, but I can tell you how long it takes. 40 - 50 minutes agitates the tank completly with a NC3000 - 20 - 25 mins in each agitating point. The tank is so short that it can easily blow from one point to the other and mix very fast. Spreading with an 1100gal tanker takes about 4 - 5 hours if the draw is less than 1km.

So that's 6 hours say, including agitation. That's €50 per hour at contractors rate of €100 per bay. That's nice enough profit for a contractor.

Tora Bora wrote: »
    So that's 6 hours say, including agitation. That's €50 per hour at contractors rate of €100 per bay. That's nice enough profit for a contractor.

With the price of diesel these days, I imagine that a contractor would need to be charging that. They are in the business to make a profit after all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Cheers lads, yea I was hoping for anything around the 100euro per bay, the slurry will be spread in the same field as the shed and he's got a 1600 gallon tanks so shouldn't take him that long I hope

Advertisement