Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Roundabout

Options
  • 09-06-2011 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Any what they're going to put on the new roundabout? Is it dooleys that are doing it? Landscapers are the same as the main one in tramore, so it should look well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

There will be some sort of 'welcome to Tramore' feature, dunno what it will be, hopefully something nice and tasteful. The work they have done so far looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing the finished result.

Shame there is a big ugly grassy hill across the road though, seems like no one really cares about removing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

Have to say the roundabout is going to look alot better than what was there, but they are building it too high for such a small busy roundabout. I don't want to give out about it, because I know that people are trying to clean up the town which is always a good thing and fair dues to them, but do they not have to show the plans they have to the road safety authority or something because as it stands at the moment which is unfinished it already seems dangerous.
    When you come out of Somerville/Industrial Estate you can't see across the roundabout so you can't see if there is a car coming from racecourse road, until it is practically on the bend for Somerville/Industrial Estate and coming from Somerville to go out on the roundabout to go onto the Waterford Road is a fair distance and I can see accidents happening and the same when you are coming from soccer pitch taking the third entrance into Somerville you can't see if there is a car on the Tramore/Waterford road.. heading up the racecourse road..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jupiter85

Agree with you there, the height of it was dangerous before works were taken out, now you wont be able to see oncoming traffic to it. Some sort of traffic calming measure would be a good idea between the two roundabouts .Surely that grass mount can be removed, its not easy to get top soil these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

jupiter85 wrote: »
    Surely that grass mount can be removed, its not easy to get top soil these days!
    The developer of the Somerville estate wanted to remove that mound when it was still just dirt and actually had the diggers in to do it, but for some reason people were ringing up Billy McCarthy giving out about it, think they were complaining saying removing the mound would endanger wildlife or something crap like that. So the developer and Council got spooked and now nobody wants to do anything about it. You would think the Somerville residents would be doing everything they can to get the thing removed, such an eyesore to have at the entrance to your estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jupiter85

Wild life!!?-it wasnt there before sommerviller was developed! One thing I cant stand are over opinionated people! and....Billy McCarthy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had the same thought about the roundabout, it looks very good but why build it so high? It will be interesting to see how it survives someone hitting it too, whatever about the car, there will be blocks all over the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sarahfayess

Yep, had the same thoughts here, when I saw how high they were building it, I thought it looked dangerous. Theres another roundabout up the road too that had loads of bushes and stuff on it and visibility is dodgy there too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I think it's very an awful eyesore and it's very dangerous, I'm going to phone the RSA to see what they think.

Advertisement