Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website Review Please

• 09-06-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Any opinions or feedback appreciated. Would also like to hear opinions on the "My Fees" page as accountants and other professions have traditionally tended not to display their fees.

The website is at http://brenbrady.com

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The whole site is very black/white/grey. Get some colour into it.

Displaying fees is a good idea, a really good idea. Too few sites put them up. Fees and prices are too important in making purchase decisions to omit. (Drives me mad so much that I often look elsewhere)

I wouldn't use a signature for a logo ever for what should be obvious reasons.

Accountant Tax Consultant Trusted Advisor should be text treated as heading2 for SEO purposes.

'Welcome to' can be omitted.

Use 'I' less and couch your copy more in terms of 'you', 'for you'.

Use calls to action which are stronger than 'more>>' and make them stand out more.

Where you have video in the blog, provide a good descripion of the content ie. more than a single sentence.

Services page needs a better layout and some sort of differentiation between service areas.

Blog linked from nav bar is empty. Recent Posts should be there.

Titles could be used a bit better for SEO wrt keywords.

Use the meta descripion tag to control the description search engines display.

Apart from the contact page there is very little reference to your location which could help SEO-wise for users searching for 'accountant dublin'.

Link your email address on the contact page and you could stick it on all pages.

Where's your RBN and maybe VAT number too?

Your using cufon-yui font replacement function which can make typefaces look great, but you're only using it to put in a font which has pretty much no extra impact an only for the odd heading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Thanks for the feedback. The signature was used to make the site look less like Apple.

What you suggest instead of the cufon replacement font?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

censuspro wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. The signature was used to make the site look less like Apple.

What you suggest instead of the cufon replacement font?

You could just disable the cufon. The alternative is pick a more stand-out font - check out DaFont.com and other font resources for suggestions.

+1 to all of tricky D's other suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭alzer81

man, that is a blatant rip off of the apple nav bar! and i think people who see it are gonna think its a blatant rip off of the apple nav bar. if i was you i would use the apple menu as an inspiration to develop your own ideas, not to completely rip it off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

alzer81 wrote: »
    man, that is a blatant rip off of the apple nav bar! and i think people who see it are gonna think its a blatant rip off of the apple nav bar. if i was you i would use the apple menu as an inspiration to develop your own ideas, not to completely rip it off!

It's a WP template from Pagelines. The reason I bought it was because I liked the clean apple look. I don't think people searching for accountancy and tax services will mind apple nav bar though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement