Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i be able to run windows 7

Options
  • 09-06-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Just a quick questions.

I don't have much spec on the PC to hand ( in work )

But it's roughly 5 years old.

Dual core AMD 2.2 ( might be 2.0 ) processor
    2 gig ram
    Not sure what motherboard.

Is that to little info to know if Win 7 will run. I've got XP on it now. But might upgrade to Win 7 if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

ah yeah, you should have no problems running it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

NeVeR wrote: »
    Just a quick questions.

I don't have much spec on the PC to hand ( in work )

But it's roughly 5 years old.

Dual core AMD 2.2 ( might be 2.0 ) processor
    2 gig ram
    Not sure what motherboard.

Is that to little info to know if Win 7 will run. I've got XP on it now. But might upgrade to Win 7 if possible.

I would have thought so - I've got 7 running on a similar-vintage machine with an AMD X2 with 4GB of RAM and it's fine. What graphics card do you have, and what interface does it use? I had some issues with AGP graphics (at first a Radeon 9600, then a Radeon HD 3450) which seemed to be driver-related and are ok now.

Check out the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to be sure before buying an upgrade licence, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Back then it was the latest GFX.. but can't remember it now.. It could play Cyrsis when it came out i know that lol HD readon something like that.

I'll check out that link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

NeVeR wrote: »
    Back then it was the latest GFX.. but can't remember it now.. It could play Cyrsis when it came out i know that lol HD readon something like that.

I'll check out that link.

If it could play Crysis then its fine.

Advertisement