Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanished

Options
  • 09-06-2011 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hello all,

Just been thinking of a man who went missing recently and my sister in law(who is in the army) got called to search the local area... But all the reports there bringing back is that he has vanished??!!!

Which brings me to my question... Where the hell do people go?? They cant all be murdered or commit suicide or kidnaped, some may have just gone for a stroll..

but how is it possible to disappear without a trace as they call it... Im fully convinced its aliens anyway...Just said id put that out there:D..

Anyone with me??!!

There has to be more than just us out ther????:rolleyes: hmmmm head scratching moment!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Perhaps he is in a different area then where he vanished? Perhaps he moved to a warmer country and grew a mustache to avoid debt repayments. It happens.Or perhaps he couldnt take anymore of his wife and left?

Or it could be aliens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

How do they know he wasn't murdered and dumped many miles away or something horrible along those lines? Although, him being in Zeta Riticuli is my second guess.

An old friend of mine was murdered and they found his car in Gorey and his body at viewpoint near Kilkee 5 months later. He was last seen in Knockylon. It wasnt Aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sometimes people just don't want to be found. It can be nigh on impossible to find someone if they decide that they're going to leave it all behind, change their name to Felix O'Shaughnessy and move to Kuala Lumpur.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

kingelmo wrote: »
    Hello all,

Just been thinking of a man who went missing recently and my sister in law(who is in the army) got called to search the local area... But all the reports there bringing back is that he has vanished??!!!

Which brings me to my question... Where the hell do people go?? They cant all be murdered or commit suicide or kidnaped, some may have just gone for a stroll..

but how is it possible to disappear without a trace as they call it... Im fully convinced its aliens anyway...Just said id put that out there:D..

Anyone with me??!!

There has to be more than just us out ther????:rolleyes: hmmmm head scratching moment!!!

I agree to never see them without a trace again is weird.Not on any boats or planes leaving the country. And how are the eating or paying board when left with no money or passport etc..
    It is a question many would like answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chief Whip

The vast majority of people who 'vanish' are simply dead. They have a fall in an area where not many people pass, and their corpse rots away. Or they fall into a river or the sea and their body gets lost in the sea.

A woman near where I'm living vanished about a decade ago, without a trace. Her remains were found recently. All that seems to have happened is that she went into bushes to collect something (maybe flowers, or see an animal, or simply to nosey around), didn't realise that at the centre of the bushes was a large deep hole where a sealed well had collapsed in, fell in and either was killed in the fall, or starved to death.

Bodies turn up in bogs all the time. They aren't on the news simply because it is obvious instantly that it is accidental (eg, someone fell into a bog hole) and it is immediately obvious if any clothing or possessions survived that they fell down long long ago.

A couple of years ago a farmer about half a mile from a cousin of mine found part of a body in the corner of a field. The guards were called and a pathologist came out. It became obvious what happened quite quickly. An old woman (they were able eventually to identify her) had collapsed and died while walking on a country road that she often walked on. She hadn't been missed because she lived alone and had been talking about going to see her sister in London. When she wasn't seen, neighbours presumed that was where she had gone. It was only months later when a relative called and asked where she was that they realised she was missing. They had searched and not found her.

The garda theory was simple: she had dropped dead on a small narrow lane she used to cut down. The lane was hardly ever used by anyone anymore so no-one had passed by and seen (or smelt) her body. Her body had decomposed. Animals had gotten to it and eaten parts of it. Her bits had been scattered by animals. She was only found when a farmer found her skull and part of an arm, which presumably some animal had dragged there.

I don't buy the UFO excuse. Most disappearances are nothing more mysterious than someone dying and their remains not being found, or they falling into a river and the body being carried out into the sea by the river tides. Some are murders. Very few disappearances are real disappearances in the sense of the person being still alive. Just as we stumble across the remains of people who died years, decades or even centuries ago, so in the future, many remains still on land may well be discovered over time.

Of the remainder, many are the result of foul play, with the bodies buried in shallow graves.

I don't by the UFO stuff at all. And there is absolutely nothing usual about people disappearing without a trace. It has happened since the dawn of history. More often than not is simply that they died, were not found, and rotted away or were washed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

I'm genuinely interested in paranormal phenomenon, but I'm actually quite shocked reading this forum how much some people 'Want to beleive'. Why on earth some people think something as simple (and sad) as someone disappearing without a trace could even have a hint of oddness baffles me. People fall down sinkholes, fall into bogs, get washed away by a wave, or more likely murdered and buried where no-one will find them unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Hello all,

Anyone with me??!!

Can you share findings of any of the reports that make up the disappearance of a person as vanished in thin air thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Hello all,

Anyone with me??!!

Do I believe that earth is the only planet in the entire universe that harbours life? No

Do I believe that intelligent life forms visit earth and abduct people? No

The two are not related, get over it. He fell into a ditch or got kidnapped, murdered etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement