Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting for 1 on a placepot ! :) can you calculate them??

• 09-06-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Im waiting on one horse in todays yarmouth placepot :)

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/Thursday/Yarmouth.html

and im thinkin surely this will be a decent on as on two favourites placed in the last 5 races!

Is there a way to calculate a placepot generally or do you just have to wait and see?

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Theres no real way to calculate I dont think.Well you need to know how much is in the pool and how many winning tickets there are then you can work it,but best just waiting!

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Gillington wrote: »
    Theres no real way to calculate I dont think.Well you need to know how much is in the pool and how many winning tickets there are then you can work it,but best just waiting!

Good luck

it just came in :D

i reckon around 25 quid... 3 fav's placed... 3 races with no fav's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Dailynaps

£89.30, well done!

Can see it here for future reference http://club.totesport.com/totepoolLiveInfo/Java/index.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

yeah it was a nice one. and not to hard to pick out. 2 quid on it 90/1, they are the only thing ive been betting on lately, with very low stakes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

If you go to the tote uk website you go to live totepools and you can upload placepot and quadpot pools for each meeting covered that day. This will tell you the carryover on each horse after the first race is over. It is updated after each race. The pool is gross though so you have to allow for the commission to come out which is 20 odd per cent. This is for all meetings but the irish meetings are not updated after each race.

I find it best to use this service as the horse price does not always reflect the carryover. Sometimes a longer price horse may be popular or maybe a favourite has been gambled and so may have less carryover than you expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Does it take long to get paid out on a winnin placepot?

Advertisement