Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune-yards in Whelans on June 17th

Options
  • 09-06-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

New album is really cool so I got tickets, anyone ever been to her live before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 asdfghjz

Meant to include this for those who haven't listened to her before - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svgh_MZOmaw
    e: and here's a gig review http://www.theartsdesk.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=3858:tune-yards-scala-review&Itemid=27

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Saw her at Primavera, one of the highlights of the weekend!

Might have to go to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah, saw her at Primavera too and was really impressed.

Have to wait until September to see her again and it's supporting Beirut in the Brixton Academy. Would definitely go to see her in Whelans if I had the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Saw her playing support to Dirty Projectors in Whelans (last year?) and she was fantastic live, failed to see her in Washington DC a few weeks ago as gig was sold out and weirdly there was no-one selling spares outside not even touts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

She supported Dirty Projectors at Whelan's in Sept 09, and pretty much blew the crowd away, don't think many had heard of her before, so were pleasantly surprised!

Then played her own gig at Whelan's in Feb 10, which was a great gig, and loads of fun.. Packed out too iirc.

Definitely plan on making this, would highly recommend anyone to go too, I really think the music translates better live than on the record (although I've only heard the Bird-Brains album)

• Advertisement

Sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 asdfghjz

Great gig, will definitely be seeing her again when she comes back.

asdfghjz wrote: »
    Great gig, will definitely be seeing her again when she comes back.

Ditto.

Advertisement