Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McAfee Issue

Options
  • 09-06-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi I was wandering if anybody had a solution to this issue ?
    I am trying to push McAfee onto a pc that is not part of the domain but it is not pushing it out from the EPO server.
    Any suggestions on how I could overcome this problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ryant1981

Anybody have any help with this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Your explanation it too vague.. And generally stuff here is home PC stuff, as yours is a business package that not a lot of people will probably have had experience with...

If the problem was in front of me, I would either

a) Add it to the domain.
    b) install the client from the CD separately, then see if it will connect to the EPO server.. if it wont, just let it update itself from the Internet until a better solution is found..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/29269 gives some tips. Copying the framepkg installation to the pcs and running it locally appears to be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

its rubbish antivirus its comes free when you computer and its post on their websites, advertized in newspapers
    like Dell, Mesh, HP and so on.
    every1 can see it advertize on their website and newspapers surely are hackers out there know about this.

plus its number 15 out of 100th top antivirus

that means 14 out there better then McAfee

want more prove

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/index2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    its rubbish antivirus its comes free when you computer and its post on their websites, advertized in newspapers
    every1 can see it advertize on their website and newspapers surely are hackers out there know about this.

want more prove

The user is using it in a corporate setup, in a managed environment, most likely in addition to a number of other security features, where price, ease of administration and overall security are major factors.
    A lot different to the home user setup.

OP.
    Do you want to manage the PC or just get an Antivirus package onto the PC?
    I'd usually install Virus Scan Enterpirse standalone onto non domain machines (we dont have many)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

want more prove

i understand your feelings...but i bet that they all share same common alert database,same wild virus behaviour collection methods and,not lastly,they all share a room,somewhere in the back office, where a design team compiles code for next generations of 'friendly' viruses ... :)

its virus, virus is a computer program that can copy itself and infect a computer. The term "virus" is also commonly but erroneously used to refer to other types of malware, including but not limited to adware and spyware programs that do not have the reproductive ability. A true virus can spread from one computer to another (in some form of executable code) when its host is taken to the target computer; for instance because a user sent it over a network or the Internet, or carried it on a removable medium such as a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB drive. Viruses can increase their chances of spreading to other computers by infecting files on a network file system or a file system that is accessed by another computer. After that description how can it be friendly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

After that description how can it be friendly?

just afraid that if i haven't mentioned 'friendly',then at least 15 out of 100 top antivirus companies can sue me for ...dunno,maybe advertising !??
    please correct me if i'm wrong !
    rgds.

its not my description i just copied it and past it from a dictionary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

ryant1981 wrote: »
    Hi I was wandering if anybody had a solution to this issue ?
    I am trying to push McAfee onto a pc that is not part of the domain but it is not pushing it out from the EPO server.
    Any suggestions on how I could overcome this problem ?

the account credentials( domain or local pc user account) that you have set in epo for the pc's is this account also present on the pc not in the domain? do you have mcafee agent installed on the pc that is not in the domain? look in the server task log in epo, and you will see the failed event, and the error. it is most likely to do with account authentication on the pc not in the domain...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Miley2

Ensure "File & Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" is enabled on the NIC.
    If it is, try disabling Windows Firewall or any other firewall software installed on the PC

Advertisement