Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche in Dublin 15

Options
  • 09-06-2011 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

Could you please share your experiences with Creche in Dublin 15 (Ongar, Clonee, Clonsilla, Blanchardstown, Roselawn, Ballycoolin)?
    I'm looking into booking a place for my soon to be born baby for when he/she will be 6 months old.

Any informations are welcome as to what questions to ask, how to see when visiting if it is a good creche or not, your own experiences, reviews and obviously prices for full time as they don't all put their prices up on the net.

Thanks,
    Sabria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Biff11

We send our little fella to Links. Cannot say enough good things about it. Staff are so nice and place isn't too big so everyone knows him there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sabria

Biff11, thanks for the information, I just had a look at their website and had indeed walked pass the building. I really like the open door policy where you can drop in whenever you feel like it. I feel more secure that the babies are really in god care. I'll definitely go to visit this one. Thanks a lot for the tip on this creche.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

using giraffe, can def recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 notsure12

Sorry to Hijack a thread but can anyone recommend a creche in D15. Also does anybody have any experience of Bright Horizon beside the college?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 RachWatch

Hi Sabria / notsure12 - my youngest son is in Bright Horizons in the grounds of the DIT Blanch since he was four months old - he is now 5 1/2 years old.

I have nothing but the highest praise for the creche. He absolutely loves it. The girls are lovely, very very kind and loving to the children. They have a great programme of activities. Their menu is very varied and healthy (and frankly much better than he gets at home). This year was his first year in 'summer camp' as he has just gone into senior infants. Each week his class has a theme and they had a day trip every week. All included in the cost.

I would highly recommend BH - at least pay them a visit - the manager is Catherine and she will happily show you around.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

RachWatch wrote: »
    Hi Sabria / notsure12 - my youngest son is in Bright Horizons in the grounds of the DIT Blanch since he was four months old - he is now 5 1/2 years old.

I have nothing but the highest praise for the creche. He absolutely loves it. The girls are lovely, very very kind and loving to the children. They have a great programme of activities. Their menu is very varied and healthy (and frankly much better than he gets at home). This year was his first year in 'summer camp' as he has just gone into senior infants. Each week his class has a theme and they had a day trip every week. All included in the cost.

I would highly recommend BH - at least pay them a visit - the manager is Catherine and she will happily show you around.

Good luck.

+1, I've had good experiences with Bright Horizons too, our daughter seems to love it. We're quite demanding about the standards of care, food etc. and they're been responsive to this.

It's worth noting too that you can request the creche inspection reports from the HSE for any creche - we needed to do a Freedom of Information request for a few local creches when we were making a decision on which to go with. As far as I know, this is the only 3rd-party reporting available on creche standards.

Advertisement