Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Play-Pen: Jako8

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Mmm roast chicken.. I'm assuming you love stuffing too?

Any interesting plans for Summer/next college year?

Do you prefer being at home/in college?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

What's the best piece of advice you were ever given? Do what you love.

Best compliment you've ever received? That shirt is buttoned nicely. :pAh no, My GF tells me nice things all the time. :)

5 things you like about yourself? My brain. I like being me. I like that I'm laid-back too.

Languages you'd love to learn to speak? French fluently, Spanish and Russian. :D

Any fears/phobias? Yep. Walking past groups of people. Public speaking too.

Any interest in politics? Not really. I try to but I lose interest quickly.

Are you ticklish? I'm extremely ticklish. :pIt's embarrassing. When I'm getting my hair cut and the hairdresser is shaving the back of my neck I must bite my lip.

What do you do when you need cheering up? Listen to music. :)

Pet peeves? People who interchange your/you're and there/their/they're. That really annoys me.

Guilty pleasures? Watching kids tv. If it has a puppet I'll love it. I'd watch anything by Jim Henson over and over! I'm loving Zingzillas at the moment. My Mom always asks me if I'll ever grow up. I love cartoons too. :p

Bottled water,yay or nay? Nay! The tap will do.

Proudest achievements? Winning the history and french awards in Leaving Cert. :)

Best "mistake" you've ever made? I remember during a test once I gave an answer that I didn't mean to and after the test I told my friends and they all mocked me. When we got the results I was the only one to get it right. That was my best mistake. :p

What inspires you? I don't know. Creative people I think. People who have made a difference to the world of entertainment and art really. I love that kind of ****. :p

How would your friends describe you? No idea!

Do you dream in colour? Most definitely.

Can you dance? When I'm drunk. ;)Other than that? No.
    Coke or pepsi? Coke please!

What's your favourite word? Discombobulate or exuberant.

Is Jacques even better than Jac? :pI like Jacques because it sounds cool and sophisticated and suave. Jac is good too, though. :p

Who is your favourite Arrested Development character? :DOooooh. Tobias or GOB Those two are comedy gold.
    Interesting....
    So if you see me with a group of boardsies, but there are more than 4 (or more) of us and we're wearing hoodies, will you still say hello or will you cross the street to avoid us because we're quite clearly ne'er-do-wells?* I'd probably cross the street. :pI know you aren't judgmental or that you won't beat me up so I wouldn't be worried.

Also you thanked every post asking questions except mine. Why do you quite evidently hate me so much? :(That was an accident! I feel bad now. >.< Sorry.

Do you perceive that question as a genuine gripe or a bitter thankswhore lament? Genuine gripe. I can see how you'd feel hurt or even betrayed by someone who once stood a few feet away from you and made eye contact with you. I'm sorry.

*this could potentially happen; just need to recruit Banjo Fella, Cows go Mu, electro~bitch and any other Cork-based peeps who may be interested. Internet streetgang ftw.... Uhoh, boardsie gangs.

I'm sorry Knifey...

marko93 wrote: »
    Ahhh computer systems D:
    What's it like? It's great. :)
    I want to do that, any protips? Look at/ learn some html or something. A bit of java maybe. It's easier if you know how programming works and how you can think like a programmer. :)
    Is it difficult? ;_; No! It's easy if you think about things logically.
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Mmm roast chicken.. I'm assuming you love stuffing too? Yes! I love stuffing. Only if it has no onions.

Any interesting plans for Summer/next college year? No... I'm boring.

Do you prefer being at home/in college? I dunno. I like both. I mean if I'm at college for two or 3 weeks without being home, I miss home. I miss college at the moment, though.

Video games can make you tough!

Yeah onions are disgusting..

Dya like any vegetables? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Africa is the best Toto song but there are others...

What do you drink along with your dinner?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Favourite boardsie sig?

Favourite boardsie avatar?

Tom-ay-toes or tom-ah-toes?

Are you a Jeremy Kyle fan?

If you weren't doing the course you're doing now, what would you be doing?

Best night out you've ever had?

If you could hop on a plane right now where would you go?

Yeah onions are disgusting..

Dya like any vegetables? :P Carrots, broccoli, shpuds :p and some others.
    Africa is the best Toto song but there are others...

Ooh. Enjoyable. :)Nice beard on yer man too.

What do you drink along with your dinner? Milk. Always Milk.
    Favourite boardsie sig? No idea. :p

Favourite boardsie avatar? I like Otis Driftwood's and Muppets ones.

Tom-ay-toes or tom-ah-toes? Tom-ah-toes.

Are you a Jeremy Kyle fan? I watched it when I was at college. :P I don't normally know. He annoys me.

If you weren't doing the course you're doing now, what would you be doing?Arts (English, French and History) or a Media course.

Best night out you've ever had? I'm gonna count RAG week as one night. :pSo good.

If you could hop on a plane right now where would you go? Toronto. :)

Watching Come Dine With Me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Have you ever seen The Room?

Is your username pronounced jake-oh or jack-oh or yack-oh (spanish pronunciation)?

Pick your favourite 8-related thing: Eight Days a Week by the Beatles, 8 Mile starring Eminem, After Eights

Namlub wrote: »
    Have you ever seen The Room? No. I really want to see it!

Is your username pronounced jake-oh or jack-oh or yack-oh (spanish pronunciation)? Jack-oh :pI'll accept Yack-oh too. :)

Pick your favourite 8-related thing: Eight Days a Week by the Beatles, 8 Mile starring Eminem, After Eights I'm gonna go for After Eights. Mmm minty. Beatles comes second then 8 mile.

I'm watching WWE for the first time in ages. :p

What do you make of the other 7 Jako's?

• Advertisement

What's your favourite programming language?

Do you read much? If so, what's the best book you've read this year?

What's the best gig you've ever been to?

Does it annoy you when people mix you up with Jackobyte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I'm bored. What should I do?

If I was to start watching a new series right now, what should it be?

If you could buy anything right now, money being no issue, what would it be?

Whats your favourite breakfast?

Are you a saver or a spender?

White bread or brown bread?

Favourite flavour soup?

Favourite type of food (ie: Indian, Chinese, etc.. :P)?

Do you like any chart artists?

Do you love Harry Potter?
    ^- Did you read the books?
    ^-- Did you prefer the films or books, if so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

What questions would you like to be asked by me?

What are the answers to the aforementioned questions?

Any special plans for your upcoming 3000th post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Angriest/Heaviest song you have listened to and ended up enjoying despite sore eardrums?

Tried any mad rocker haircuts?

Other courses you would have like to do have done?

What do you make of the other 7 Jako's? Oh they're dead. I'm the 8th clone. :)
    What's your favourite programming language? We've only done java so that I guess. I can't wait to start C++, though.

Do you read much? If so, what's the best book you've read this year? I don't read as much I should. I have a reading log on here though and I'm reading the hobbit atm. The best book I've read this year was American Gods. I quite enjoyed it. Simon Pegg's autobiography was enjoyable too. :)

What's the best gig you've ever been to? Adebisi Shank two weeks ago. They rocked it. It was unreal. That or ASIWYFA.

Does it annoy you when people mix you up with Jackobyte? Not really. :pHe's cool.
    I'm bored. What should I do? Stumbleupon!

If I was to start watching a new series right now, what should it be? Game of Thrones or Arrested Development. Same old things I always peddle.

If you could buy anything right now, money being no issue, what would it be? A Gibson Les Paul. Defo.

Whats your favourite breakfast? Weetabix or Coco Pops.

Are you a saver or a spender? Spender. :P I have no money.

White bread or brown bread? White. :)

South Park ended very poignantly last night!

Favourite flavour soup? Vegetable for sure.

Favourite type of food (ie: Indian, Chinese, etc.. :P)? Chinese. I hate Indian! Others aren't as nice a chinese.

Do you like any chart artists? The Hoosier's first album. :)I like the song Aloe Blacc has out. Adele, Kanye has cool songs. I like some individual songs too. Pokerface is one. :)

Do you love Harry Potter? YES!
    ^- Did you read the books? Yep.
    ^-- Did you prefer the films or books, if so? I don't know. I mean you get a different view from the films and the books. I think I prefer the books because I get slightly annoyed when the look of the films differs from the look I had in my head. :p
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    What questions would you like to be asked by me? How are things?

What are the answers to the aforementioned questions? Ah, I'm grand thanks. You? :)

Any special plans for your upcoming 3000th post? Nope. I didn't even realise.:eek:
    flyswatter wrote: »
    Angriest/Heaviest song you have listened to and ended up enjoying despite sore eardrums? I like lots of heavy stuff. Here's one.

Tried any mad rocker haircuts? Nope. :P I'm not crazy enough.

Other courses you would have like to do have done? Music/ media or arts (History, English and French).

Bork, bork, bork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

What's Hyrule like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Will you dedicate your 3000th post to me? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Favourite sight?
    Favourite sound?
    Favourite smell?
    Favourite texture?
    Favourite flavour?

• Advertisement

Favourite sight? Happy people, cities, mountains. :p
    Favourite sound? Snow crushing under a boot, gravel under car wheels, a drumbeat that powers forward with intent assisted by a strong bassline.
    Favourite smell? Lavender, bleach or petrol.
    Favourite texture? Silk, I guess.
    Favourite flavour? Strawberry or fruity things.
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Will you dedicate your 3000th post to me? :DSend me a cheque for 100 euro and it's yours.:p
    What's Hyrule like? Sunny now that Bin Laden Ganondorf is gone.

Starlight!

Your next post will be post 3000! :D

Was saying "An bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leithreas?" a daily saying for you in primary school? :P

Your next post will be post 3000! :DIt's in yaaa...aah.

Was saying "An bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leithreas?" a daily saying for you in primary school? :P Yep. Pretty sure I used to say it wrong a lot, though. :p

Bob Loblaw Lobs Law Bomb.

The Bob Loblaw Law Blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Any allergies?

Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake?

Shaken or stirred?

Left or right?

Up or down?

To bee or not to bee?

Did what pecking bird run Jigglypuff to bar manager of Mordor to find key to Narnia from Voldemort's mother?

Any allergies? Too many to list. :p I have hayfever and my main allergy is a very serious peanut allergy.

Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake? A cake that wants to be a biscuit.

Shaken or stirred? Shaken please.

Left or right? Right.

Up or down? Up.

To bee or not to bee? To bee.
    Did what pecking bird run Jigglypuff to bar manager of Mordor to find key to Narnia from Voldemort's mother? Complex question. We know that the key to Narnia only feel into Voldemort's hands because Hans Solo lost it in an epic battle with the powerful wizard. A blaster is no match for a wand. Voldemort then presented it to his mother because he forgot to buy her a mother's day present and the local Tesco isn't 24 hour. The bar manager of Mordor's only bar, "The Red Sky" is Max Rebo. How Rebo got into this position is another story. Anyways, Max has been a great servant to Narnia over the past decade and acts as a protector on this side of the wardrobe. He makes sure the key isn't used for evil. He felt the person who could keep the key safest was Hans Solo (clearly not). Once he received word that Voldemort had the key he sent a squadron of Spearow to watch him. Once Voldemort gave it to his mother it was presumed that it was not going to be used for evil but as a nice ornament to put beside her ceramic teapot on her mantelpiece. So Rebo does indeed know about the key. Jigglypuff was probably used as a runner for this information as s/he does not look threatening and is probably the least likely creature to hold such important information. The only group I know that would be smart enough to do this are a group called, "The M's". They are mad up of Bugs Bunny, Mr. Incredible, WALL-E, The Gingerbread man from Shrek. They are led by one Mr. Woodrow Al Haim Peck III commonly referred to as, Woody Woodpecker. So that, my friend, is the answer Woody Woodpecker run Jigglypuff to bar manager of Mordor to find key to Narnia from Voldemort's mother!

Haven't watched tonights episode of Game of Thrones yet.

Can you do the Hucklebuck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Bang or Boom?
    HTC or SE?

Can you do the Hucklebuck? Only when drunk. :P
    Bang or Boom? Boom!
    HTC or SE? HTC :)

My tenure in the play-pen is nearly at an end.

• Advertisement

Have you seen Apocalypse Now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement