Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Maths Paper 1

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

PJelly wrote: »
    Eek! Can't find a mathamatical set! Are they really that vital?

Not for paper 1

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

If you really like it then I strongly suggest doing maths in college.

It gets extremely interesting. :)

My entire CAO is maths :) I love getting others into it too, so teaching is the natural choice for me. Can't wait to keep doing maths, it's an amazing subject.

Michael_E wrote: »
    My entire CAO is maths :) I love getting others into it too, so teaching is the natural choice for me. Can't wait to keep doing maths, it's an amazing subject.

Where's your first choice? :)

Where's your first choice? :)

Science Education in DCU. Able to teach Maths to LC HL and either Physics/Chemistry. Leaning towards the latter really, I am more theoretical than practical (hence why I take to Paper 1 :P) so physics isn't exactly easy for me ><

I have after that Pure Maths in Trinity, Maths (Science Omnibus) in UCD, etc. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Mines maths too!
    But more computery, physicy maths.
    Computer Games Development in Belfast :D

• Advertisement

Either of you doing Applied Maths?

Pjelly, my best friend is doing the same course in Limerick, he says it's amazing! In fourth year they have to mod Elder Scrolls :p

Micheal, pure maths in Trinity is awesome, thats what I'm doing. In 3rd and 4th year you do stuff like General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics and its all very maths heavy. :)

Either of you doing Applied Maths?

Pjelly, my best friend is doing the same course in Limerick, he says it's amazing! In fourth year they have to mod Elder Scrolls :p

Micheal, pure maths in Trinity is awesome, thats what I'm doing. In 3rd and 4th year you do stuff like General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics and its all very maths heavy. :)

Nope, wasn't offered at my school and couldn't afford it in the IOE or Ormonde etc..

Deadly :) I love things like cryptography too, it's so interesting. Can't wait!

cryptography.png

Oh that makes me giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 iSeeStars

i think ill be fine ive done a good bit of study .. should at least pass. (: best of luck everyone <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

@Michael: XKCD ftw!

Add me to the maths in college club :P, seems to be a good few of us! Anyway, am just about to head in now to school, good luck to all of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

In the mocks our class had only covered 6/8 of the questions for BOTH papers, so we didn't have the task of choosing our questions.

How do YOU choose which 6 questions to do. I assume just read all 8 at the start and ignore two that look very difficult?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

higgz wrote: »
    In the mocks our class had only covered 6/8 of the questions for BOTH papers, so we didn't have the task of choosing our questions.

How do YOU choose which 6 questions to do. I assume just read all 8 at the start and ignore two that look very difficult?
    Pick the one that you're most comfortable with and go on. Don't dawdle, there isn't time for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Just studying 6 questions is a terrible idea, not only does it limit your choice but a lot of people tend to do a 7th. I already have an idea of which questions I won't be doing, but I'm just gonna glance over and start with the few that I definitely will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

I have revised questions 1,2,3,6,7,8 thouroughly but didn't do any extra question, terrible idea I know but i'm really bad at ques 4 and 5. Should I revise one of them now or just concentrate on the ones I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    I have revised questions 1,2,3,6,7,8 thouroughly but didn't do any extra question, terrible idea I know but i'm really bad at ques 4 and 5. Should I revise one of them now or just concentrate on the ones I know?
    I would quickly run over induction perhaps even an inequality one. The rules of logs are all in the tables so you can do them questions easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

^^ thanks a mill . I'll do that now. Thanks again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Is it 20 mins on each Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

about 22 minutes max but thats an average as you could get a question done in 20 or 15 minutes which would allow you more time on another question best of luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

anyone think a p-1mp matrix will come up in abooout.....20 minutes.
    haha...pimp

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

MikeHough wrote: »
    anyone think a p-1mp matrix will come up in abooout.....20 minutes.
    haha...pimp

:eek: You were right. Good guess.

Those matrices were awful.

I know this is already on another thread, just had to highlight this :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

higgz wrote: »
    :eek: You were right. Good guess.

Those matrices were awful.

I know this is already on another thread, just had to highlight this :pac:

They were lovely matrices questions! :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DessieMG

Let's start several threads to cause uproar and to get ourselves more marks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

DessieMG wrote: »
    Let's start several threads to cause uproar and to get ourselves more marks ;)
    No.

:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement