Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I eligible for this course?:eek:

• 09-06-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I have Physio in TCD down number two on my CAO but I just read this on the qualifax site:
    -SPECIAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
    Leaving Certificate
    OC3 or HD3 Mathematics
    HC3 In two of physics, chemistry, biology, physics/chemistry,
    mathematics or agricultural science

Combinations of subjects not permitted:
    Physics/chemistry with physics or chemistry Agricultural science with biology

I'm doing Biology and Ag Science and i'm using them for points can I do this course? or can i only count one of them for points?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

They'll count the higher of the two for points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Fúck. Looks like i'm not going to TCD doing Physio after all.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Why wouldn't you be able to go as long as you have the points and the entry requirements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

You can count biology and agri science for points BUT you need either physics, chemistry or maths to meet the entry requirements!

I think that's it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

My interpretation of this is you can count both Biology and Ag Sci for points but you need a HC3 in one of them and another science or maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

My interpretation of this is you can count both Biology and Ag Sci for points but you need a HC3 in one of them and another science or maths.
    That's how I'd read it too, i.e. you need a HC3 in Maths and ONE of AgSci or Biology, in the OP's case.

Check the course details on the TCD site, OP, may be clearer.

Why wouldn't you be able to go as long as you have the points and the entry requirements?

If I can only count one of Biology and Ag Science for points I won't get Physio in TCD (530)
    That's how I'd read it too, i.e. you need a HC3 in Maths and ONE of AgSci or Biology, in the OP's case.

Fúck I do OL Maths. Looks like Physio in TCD is goin' off my CAO.

NotExactly wrote: »
    Fúck I do OL Maths. Looks like Physio in TCD is goin' off my CAO.
    Ouch!

Well, check it with your careers teacher or with Admissions in TCD when things calm down a bit, don't rely on us, but yeah, that one may not be an option tbh.

Ouch!

Well, check it with your careers teacher or with Admissions in TCD when things calm down a bit, don't rely on us, but yeah, that one may not be an option tbh.

Cool yeah I shouldn't be worrying 'bout it now, have to get the points first :cool:
    don't rely on us, but yeah, that one may not be an option tbh.

You hardly thaught I was goin' to rely on ye? :P

I'll have you know I'm very knowledgeable about ... em ... all sorts of things!! >_>

• Advertisement
Advertisement