Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon Wetsuit Zip Repair?

• 09-06-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

I managed to break the zip on my Blue Seventy wetsuit at the weekend by pulling it too hard. Does anybody know anywhere in Dublin that might repair them? I tried the Zip Yard on Abbey Street but they said they couldn't do it because they don't have the special glue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

PWEI

You are looking for 'Black Witch'. It is a specific neoprene glue, normally used to repair nail slits & half moons in the neoprene.

Have you broken the zip or pulled it away from the neoprene? If you have separated the zip seam you can re-bond it with the BlackWitch.

Depending on the age of the suit it may be covered under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Thanks for the reply amphkingwest. The zip came off the zip seam but also there are a couple of teeth (not sure if this is the correct word) missing from the zip seam. They must have broken when I pulled the zip too hard. It's over a year old now so its not covered under warranty anymore. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Fitzilicious

The Zipyard in Dun Laoghaire do it.
    My friend works there and she has done it for a couple of people I know.

Hi Fitzilicious, thanks for the reply.
    Are you sure they do it because I already tried The Zip Yard on Abbey Street & they said they couldn't do it. They send me to a shop & bag repair shop on Talbot Street but they weren't able to do it also.

Hi,

Yes they def do, my brother and my friend have gotten zips fixed there.
    I can double check for you if you want or maybe you should call them?
    I know the girl who runs it and I was talking to her about it a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

I rang them earlier & they said they might be able to do it.
    They will have to have a look at it first, some they can but others they can't.
    I'll have to call out to them,hopefully it won't be a waste of a journey.

Hope it works out for you so!
    I know it was my friends zip on her suit that was the problem so hopefully they can sort it out for you too!

Thanks Fitzilicious, I'll let you know how I get on.

Unfortunately they can't fix it either.Something to do with the zip seam being under the material. Looks like I'm going to have to send it to the UK. Spoke to this crowd today http://www.terrapin-bfa.co.uk/ & they assured me they can replace the zip.

Advertisement