Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Marquee and where is best to park?

Options
  • 09-06-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hey guys n dolls,
    Himself just got me tickets for Imelda May next Friday, at the marquee, never been there so wondering could ye fine Cork people steer me in the right direction as regards where exactly it is!
    We will be driving from Limerick so where would be a good place to park, and will there be much walking involved?!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Come all the way in to the city centre on the N20. You will cross the Christy Ring Bridge(First Bridge on the Lee you will meet) and turn left. Drive all the way along the Quays(river on your left) until you come to a "T junction". Turn right and drive a few hundred yards and cross another bridge, immediately turn left, river on your left. After 200 yards the road winds to the right. after another couple of hundred yards come to a roundabout. take second exit.As you pass the Topaz garage keep left. This is Monahan Rd. Drive for about 3/4 mile and you will see it on your left. There should be plenty of parking around there if you get there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

The only problem with parking very close to the venue is you'll more then likely be blocked in by the string of taxi's outside after the gig

When I went to see the Prodigy 2 years ago I parked on the street outiside someone's home and had no problems or delays getting out of there

Link below is a rough idea of where I parked and walking distance from the venue

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=from:+51.89837,-8.442457+to:+51.89408,-8.430548&aq=&vps=1&jsv=346d&sll=51.914853,-8.442474&sspn=0.008722,0.022724&ie=UTF8&dirflg=w&cad=tm:d&mra=atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I would not advise parking anywhere near the place to be honest - the traffic jams after gigs there are horrific, the closer you are the longer you will be stuck in traffic.

Last summer I was there, 2 buddies (locked) jumped into a taxi outside the entrance, 3 more of us walked to town. We were walking faster than car's were moving down the road, and got to the pub before them.

Advertisement