Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply to CAO now?

• 09-06-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey everyone,

Currently in DIT.

Is it too late for me to apply?

I found this in the CAO Handbook:
    Exceptional Closing Date : 17:15 22nd July.
    Subject to the exclusions below, and subject to the usual conditions for Change of Mind, if you are currently an undergraduate student in any year in any one of the HEIs ( and entered that HEI through the CAO system), you may submit a Change of Mind, in paper form only, to arrive in CAO not later than 17:15 on 22nd July.
    The Change of Mind Form must be stamped by the Admissions Office of the HEI where you are a student.
    (If you did NOT enter your current course through the CAO system, you must first contact the Admissions Office of the HEI to which you wish to apply. That Admissions Office will inform you whether you may submit a Change of Mind.)
    Exclusions:
    Such a Change of Mind may be made only for entry to a course (or courses) other than your existing course. If you wish to repeat the year in the same course, you must arrange this within your HEI and it is not a matter for application through CAO.
    University College, Cork will accept such a Change of Mind only from a person who is currently a first-year student in University College Cork.
    University College, Dublin will accept such a Change of Mind only from a person who is currently a first-year student in University College Dublin.
    NUI Galway will accept such a Change of Mind only from a person who is currently a first-year student in NUI Galway.
    Dublin City University, Trinity College Dublin and the University of Limerick, have special procedures in place in the case of current or previous students who wish to apply for entry to another course in the same HEI. Such applicants must contact their Admissions Office to determine the application procedure.
    However, if you are a student in another HEI and you wish to apply to any of the three HEIs in (e) above, you should submit your paper Change of Mind through CAO.

Please help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I believe so. The change of mind facility is only open to people who already have made applications to the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Think you can still apply as seen as your in DIT. Just not to UCD, NUIG or UCC. Contact your admissions office i'd say.
    Even with UCD and NUIG you might still be able to if your in first year, not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Exceptional Closing Date : 17:15 22nd July.

I believe so. The change of mind facility is only open to people who already have made applications to the CAO.

Does that mean people who are repeating can change their application up until the 22nd of July?

Advertisement