Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone ballistics apps

Options
  • 09-06-2011 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Well lads, I just bought an iphone4 today, and I was wonering what ballistic calculators ye're using. Are the free ones any good or should I buy a good one. I was looking a the ballistic tactical field edition from jam, have any of ye got this one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

declan1980 wrote: »
    Well lads, I just bought an iphone4 today, and I was wonering what ballistic calculators ye're using. Are the free ones any good or should I buy a good one. I was looking a the ballistic tactical field edition from jam, have any of ye got this one.

i have the Ballistic FTE and it seems to bring you on target if you have the right input.
    I believe this was discussed in an earlier thread.:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055993192

And i put in a free one a few days a go for the computer that can print out for those who might be interested.:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056289806

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

i have the Ballistic FTE and it seems to bring you on target if you have the right input.
    I believe this was discussed in an earlier thread.:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055993192

And i put in a free one a few days a go for the computer that can print out for those who might be interested.:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056289806

Yeah I use it, its regularly updated, huge amount of bells and whistles in there to make it very useful. You can input all the variables your self or choose from a library of factory loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

If your using winchester ammo the free winchester one is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Hibrion wrote: »
    If your using winchester ammo the free winchester one is good.

same with Lapua ammo.
    Think Lapua has one out now,but it only works with mobile phones with java ME support,and doesnt work on iphone\ ipod.

http://www.lapua.com/en/customer-center/lapua-ballistics/lapua-ballistics-software.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Istrelock is free and is good , it works on the iphone/ipad and is updated regularly with new features and is worth a go. There is an iphone app the american military use , isnipe or something like that but its about €30.

Edit; just checked , its ballistics for iphone by jbm and its €16.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I got the jmb one, it seems pretty good, the realtime HUD with the line of sight angle tool looks handy. I'll put it through it's paces at the weekend and see if it was really worth €16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

i have the Istrelock on my iphone and it works fine it will do everything you need. wind, angle to target. drop in MOA & MIL.& INCHES. also has loads of reticules from all the major makers and will show your poi for hold over

very good for the grand total of zero

i recommend to try and enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

So I gave the ballistic fte is maiden voyage this evening. 330 yards at the narrow side of a 2 ltr milk carton slope was -2.3 degrees and wind was 2 mph from 9.30. It told me to dial up 3.2 moa and dial left 0.6moa, so I dialled 0.5 left. Zoom focus and squeeze, crack and thump, DEADLY, ok let's try another one. Crack thump, and again, and again 6 times just to be sure. Well it seems it was worth the money. The angle measurement is fair handy, I just turned it on left the phone on top of the scope cap lined up the crosshairs and turned it off and it stored the angle then dial the adjustments and the rest is history. Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 42 shane32819

went out for a shot with a buddy this evening. a farmer is being plagued with rabbits. there was two out at the far side of the field. range finder put them at 103ms so i went up another 3 to make it even. used the ballistic fte app and it said 33clicks up. lined up and sure enough bunny no1 does a back flip and drops. bunny no2 didnt move so he was dispatched also :D great app well impressed! thats the longest shot ive had with the 22 so far:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mal4893

I use 3 or 4 apps and over the past year or so I've found Ballistic FTE and Bullet Flight (military edition) is the best, last outting we had the opertunity to shoot a 710m target. We went with what bullet flight said 100 odd clicks up and 19 click right and got a first round hit! Worth every penny! You get what you pay for

• Advertisement
Advertisement