Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theory test question

• 09-06-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Question for ye,

Is the theory test for the A/A1 Bike Provisional the same as the B Car Provisional?

I ask because I want to apply for the A provisional, I however hold a full B license and have already completed the theory test for that. (about 3 years ago)

So either 1. The tests are different and I'll do it and then get the A prov.
    2. The tests are the same but I'll still have to do it to apply for the A.
    3. I can just apply for the A provisional straight away.

I just dont wanna throw away money on the test again if I'm not required to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

no its different, it includes the b licence section and also the A licence section.....

Its a different licence so its a different theory test....

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

ok cool thanks, I'll be applying for another test so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

no bother, anything else just ask around there are loads of people here who will help....
    I have only started on bikes myself am hoping to do the test in september so am new to the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

id ring and ask if you have an A provisional already. i did my theory test in nov last year and my new prov license says ive held it since 06 and its my second prov!!

it must have been on my first prov and i didnt realise. if i had rang i might have saved myself doing the test again...maybe :/

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

maameeo wrote: »
    id ring and ask if you have an A provisional already. i did my theory test in nov last year and my new prov license says ive held it since 06 and its my second prov!!

Same happened to me, when i was 18 i thought it would be cool to have a bike provisional even though i had no intention of getting a bike.. turned out when i got my bike licence at 26 i was actually applying for my third bike provisional and had to apply for my test before they would give me one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    Same happened to me, when i was 18 i thought it would be cool to have a bike provisional even though i had no intention of getting a bike.. turned out when i got my bike licence at 26 i was actually applying for my third bike provisional and had to apply for my test before they would give me one!

pretty annoying isnt it!

They should hand you back a green and pink in that case so you know you still have a prov :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Question for ye,

Is the theory test for the A/A1 Bike Provisional the same as the B Car Provisional?

I ask because I want to apply for the A provisional, I however hold a full B license and have already completed the theory test for that. (about 3 years ago)

So either 1. The tests are different and I'll do it and then get the A prov.
    2. The tests are the same but I'll still have to do it to apply for the A.
    3. I can just apply for the A provisional straight away.

I just dont wanna throw away money on the test again if I'm not required to.

Do you hav the theory test disc? I hav the old first edition one if you want it? (Theyre on fourth edition now, so its out of date but its better than nothin)

Do you hav the theory test disc? I hav the old first edition one if you want it? (Theyre on fourth edition now, so its out of date but its better than nothin)

I have the 2007 rules of the road book, and theres the box for the 4th edition test disc (disc must be somewhere) as my sister only recently passed the test for her B provisional.

So I'll have a gander at that test disc when I find it, see if much has changed.

I have the 2007 rules of the road book, and theres the box for the 4th edition test disc (disc must be somewhere) as my sister only recently passed the test for her B provisional.

So I'll have a gander at that test disc when I find it, see if much has changed.

Jaysus, is she driving?! Feck, we're gettin old....

Jaysus, is she driving?! Feck, we're gettin old....

stop, the worst part is it's my youngest sister.....

Keeping my eye out for a Yamaha Virago, theres a few 125cc about but i'm pushing for a 250cc, if ya hear anything give me a bell!

• Advertisement

stop, the worst part is it's my youngest sister.....

Keeping my eye out for a Yamaha Virago, theres a few 125cc about but i'm pushing for a 250cc, if ya hear anything give me a bell!

Will do chief! Do you have a year in mind? Or colour? What kinda budget you workin with?

The budget is under a grand if possible, early/mid 90's would be fine, anything over 00 pushes the price into 1500 - 2,000 territory!

Colours not too important at the moment! :P

Advertisement