Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

examine TW0 ways humans have altered biome

• 09-06-2011 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

" Examine two ways in which human activities have altered the natural characteristics of a
    biome that you have studied"

I'm doing human interaction (burning off fossil fuels and acid rain, etc) with the Coniferous Forest Biome in Sweden from the exam skills book. How would i adapt that sample answer to this question? Would it just be

1. the effect of acid rain on soils & vegetation
    2. the effect of acid rain on rivers, lake, waterways

or are they asking for two human activites?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kilkenny runner

2008 = Examine 2 ways in which human activities have altered the natural characteristics of a biome that you have studied.

the marking schemes says it gives marks for 3 or 4 aspects......

so what do i write ??
    do i just ignore the "2 ways" or do i try push the 4 headings into 2 headings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

ignore 2 ways

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

2008 = Examine 2 ways in which human activities have altered the natural characteristics of a biome that you have studied.

the marking schemes says it gives marks for 3 or 4 aspects......

so what do i write ??
    do i just ignore the "2 ways" or do i try push the 4 headings into 2 headings

Would the answer not include either deforestation or over grazing

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Vodkat wrote: »
    Would the answer not include either deforestation or over grazing

don't think they do that in sweden, forests there are considered "green gold", used to have a gross intake of 495 million euro before acid rain affected tree growth and reproduction. (yes! i remembered something from my essay!)

Advertisement