Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP 11 News. (No pictures)

Options
  • 09-06-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Confirmed by a reliable source as a new seeker (Starscream) mold.

Robot mode said to be anime accurate.

Alt mode apparently NOT an F15...but is a realistic model of another plane.

Probably an F22?

Said to represent advancement in engineering over the first mold.

Around March next year.

Pricing...probably more than the first Seeker mold.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Lame. They've already done the Seekers and there's lots of popular characters they should do instead.

An MP Triplechanger or Headmaster would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Takara made a pigs ear of the seeker mold. iGear have shown them up, and now they're trying to save face.

1) Lousy QC on MP3, it never occurred to them to check the correct paint was used.

2) Thundercracker and the second run of Skywarp slipped out with reversed air intakes.

3) MP3G is a floppy mess.

4)They ditched the sliding tail fins for a 'samurai' aesthetic, ignoring the Anime look that was supposed to define the Masterpiece line.

5)They skipped G1 decos to go after Macross collectors

6) In the course of the 5 years since the mold was first released,they also ignored the cone heads.

7) It might be argued they got especially grabby on the cost of this mold, as it started as a Binaltech expansion.

Frankly, and i couldn't say this elsewhere, i think Takara got everything they deserved on iGear copying the seeker mold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Lame. They've already done the Seekers and there's lots of popular characters they should do instead.

An MP Triplechanger or Headmaster would be nice.

Imagine a MP G1 Blitzwing, it would be glorious! A new mold release Blitzwing would be nice. Hes like my favourite con' ever

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Imagine a MP G1 Blitzwing, it would be glorious! A new mold release Blitzwing would be nice. Hes like my favourite con' ever

That would be very, very cool!

The inside source said 'No Blitzwing of any type' on the horizon.

An MP was fairly unlikely.... but i don't see why they couldn't at least do a Classic inspired one.

Animated Blitzwing doesn't count....not a very good toy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You'd think with Astrotrain and the relatively obscure Octane/Tankor down they'd have given Blitzwing a go. Wouldn't mind Sandstorm either. He'd be easy to give the Classics treatment.

Galvasean wrote: »
    You'd think with Astrotrain and the relatively obscure Octane/Tankor down they'd have given Blitzwing a go. Wouldn't mind Sandstorm either. He'd be easy to give the Classics treatment.

With a bit of clever retooling/design....it could probably share a mold, or most of a mold, with Springer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Knowing Has/Tak Sandstorm would be a repaint of Springer. If they threw in a headswap I'd be happy with that TBH.

There are also rumors around that a PROPER Ultra Magnus is in the pipeline.

MPs11 through 15 are all on the drawing board at the moment.

Why didn't i bump this sooner?

MP11 is apparently an F14.

Since the F14 was out of service last i remember, (?) i can only conclude they're gunning for Macross collectors.

And.......... some hints have been dropped that MP Galvas....Tron is now on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Why didn't i bump this sooner?

MP11 is apparently an F14.

Since the F14 was out of service last i remember, (?) i can only conclude they're gunning for Macross collectors.

And.......... some hints have been dropped that MP Galvas....Tron is now on the cards.

Anime accurate seekers with the F14's variable geometry wings?

Anime accurate seekers with the F14's variable geometry wings?

That's going to be kind of difficult alright.

Advertisement