Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Change

Options
  • 09-06-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everyone,

I got 305 in the leaving and am doing an electrical engineering course in DIT Kevin Street.

Is it possible for me to study DT358 Logistics & Supply Chain Management in DIT which has 290 points?

Can I apply for a Transfer to 1st year in that course now?

Thanks.

Dale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 accguy

Access to first year of all courses is through the CAO. They are quite strict on it.
    You can re-apply through the CAO if you are a currently registered student (in DIT or elsewhere). The closing date is mid-July and you have to do a paper based application. I think it has to be signed by someone in DIT but the careers services (I heard) will do it.
    There is no transfer into first year allowed.
    You will have to pay fees though (about 3K + capitation). Check the registration website to make sure (www.dit.ie/registration)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

You will have to apply again via the CAO system.

Also, as the other poster said, beware of the fees. The Government will only pay your fees for first year once. If you transfer, you will have to pay the Course Fees and the Student Contribution (Registration Fee) as well.

Advertisement