Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in South Tipperary

Options
  • 09-06-2011 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

There are hundreds of people looking for reliable wired broadband in South Tipp!

Any ideas as to when it could be available? Will PM you my phone number if you need it, we are current eircom customers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

kpac wrote: »
    There are hundreds of people looking for reliable wired broadband in South Tipp!

Any ideas as to when it could be available? Will PM you my phone number if you need it, we are current eircom customers.

Hi kpac,

If you could PM your tele number that would be great and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

Sent, thanks.

Sent, thanks.

Hi kpac,

Thanks for sending on your details, it may take a few days to investigate but I will get back to you with an update.

Thanks, Mark

Any update yet Mark?

Any update yet Mark?

Hi kpac,

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I sent on your query to the broadband roll-out team and they advised that unfortunately there is no indication as to if or when the Ballyporeen exchange may be broadband enabled.

I apologise I could not come back with more positive information.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Okay Mark, thanks for getting back to me.

Okay Mark, thanks for getting back to me.

No problem :) Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bet you there is no date ( = abandoned). It was announced in March 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

One of the many Exchanges that Eircom promised to upgrade in 2007. They have now positively confirmed that they are reneging on their promise and the Exchange will not be enabled.

Thanks lads. This country's broadband situation is a disgrace. Eircom are introducing all these new wifi hotspots when they should be making sure every last corner of the country has proper wired broadband. It's not as if they have half a million square miles to cover, it's a small island for crying out loud. They should also stop upgrading the broadband in towns for a while, and again, concentrate on getting it to the people who need it.

It makes me sick when the ad for UPC comes on TV with 25mbps broadband!! And here I am stuck with 500kbps-1mbps-averaging unreliable 3 midband. Also lately in the US Comcast announced 1gbps broadband. We're a bit behind, don't you think? But sure that makes no difference, this country is only the EU headquarters for most multinational Internet companies and could the world headquarters for many new ones if the broadband providers in this country got their act together.

@Mark, we're just in the process of cancelling our home phone as well because of the lack of broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Thanks lads. This country's broadband situation is a disgrace. Eircom are introducing all these new wifi hotspots when they should be making sure every last corner of the country has proper wired broadband. It's not as if they have half a million square miles to cover, it's a small island for crying out loud. They should also stop upgrading the broadband in towns for a while, and again, concentrate on getting it to the people who need it.

It makes me sick when the ad for UPC comes on TV with 25mbps broadband!! And here I am stuck with 500kbps-1mbps-averaging unreliable 3 midband. Also lately in the US Comcast announced 1gbps broadband. We're a bit behind, don't you think? But sure that makes no difference, this country is only the EU headquarters for most multinational Internet companies and could the world headquarters for many new ones if the broadband providers in this country got their act together.

@Mark, we're just in the process of cancelling our home phone as well because of the lack of broadband.
    I understand kpac and sorry we could not do more for you here.
    Tony

Thanks Tony. I understand it's not the any of you rep's fault, but I'm sure you can also understand how frustrating it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

I understand kpac and sorry we could not do more for you here.
    Tony
    Shouldn't you be justifying the actions of your employer rather than agreeing with us. E.g. So what if Eircom are not enabling Exchanges. weve spent millions om ads that show that it is really cool to work in a callcemtre.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Hi kpac. Have you tried calling Eircom and asking to be transferred to the Broadband Roll Out Team?

I have, @regress, thanks. They just said there wasn't any indication as to when broadband would be in the area.

Advertisement