Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphical flaws in games

Options
  • 09-06-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any in games, ie a bit of background scenery that looks a bit hastily modelled or textured, stuff like that? I'm playing ME2 for fun, not as a job but I want to find some bad bits of texture mapping. I have so far not found anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

A lot of games back in the day were done like that..

Playing them now, they look bad, but they were much more enjoyable in-depth games

I really don't like peoples perception that better graphics = a better game

Look at Minecraft for example!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

dbnw5t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

superman+64+-+screenshot_50046.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I remember in the original Tomb Raider game if you walked up to a locked door and looked down, you could see through it. I remember telling this the boys in school and them replying "Sure that's stupid. That just makes the game too easy". They didn't seem to realise that seeing through the door didn't mean you could advance in any way, shape or form... It took some convincing, lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

deathrider wrote: »
    I remember in the original Tomb Raider game if you walked up to a locked door and looked down, you could see through it. I remember telling this the boys in school and them replying "Sure that's stupid. That just makes the game too easy". They didn't seem to realise that seeing through the door didn't mean you could advance in any way, shape or form... It took some convincing, lol.

Most people were too busy trying to position the camera to get a good look at something else to notice this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Battlefield Bad Company 2 on a console. Jaggies, jaggies everywhere. It doesn't bother me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've noticed some pretty bad pixelation in LA Noire when examining bodies at the crime scenes, some horrible shadows and shading at times as well. One of the most standout for me was a cut scene where everytime the camera panned to a character walking up and down in front of windows you could see the layers of the background outside appear each time. IE. Houses, then trees then garden fence. Every time it cut to him it happened. I presume thats the xbox not keeping up but still quite distracting

• Registered Users Posts: 27,328 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This one really creeps me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

^^^
    I actually thought that was deliberate in an American Gothic style.

The graphics in DA are pretty poor. One thing I notice about this and ME2 is that the textures on the characters "bleed" outside the boundaries of their geometry, why?

Advertisement