Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VEC IT Positions

• 09-06-2011 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just heard that VEC is launching a new programme for secondary schools,also for primary schools ,looking for IT Technicians and/or Engineers.
    They are launching a new service for the schools so therefore needs new staff on board !

Any one knows how does that works please !?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Which VEC are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Dunno...i pressume Dublin !
    There is no 'VEC' for schools across all counties !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

rolion wrote: »

The VEC's are being amalgamated across most counties - by more than half. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1012/breaking59.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are two big ones in Dublin, the City and the County.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Having worked for the leading VEC (from an IT standpoint) as their IT Admin/Manager I can tell you that - unless things have changed - there is no official post in the Department for "IT Support", ie: if a VEC is hiring someone for this role, they're doing it themselves, and independently.

I myself was made redundant after nearly 4.5 years because of this - I was technically classed as admin staff and thus subject to the indiscrimate cull that was/is the public sector recruitment embargo.

Still a bit of a sore point to be honest - parly because I read today they've pioneered the whole Cloud Computing concept in the sector which I was involved in the earliest stages of, and partly because I was out of work for a year and eventually got something where there's nothing like that kind of innovation or progression.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Made a mistake when reading post- ignore me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

Hi,

Just heard that VEC is launching a new programme for secondary schools,also for primary schools ,looking for IT Technicians and/or Engineers.
    They are launching a new service for the schools so therefore needs new staff on board !

Any one knows how does that works please !?

Thanks in advance...

I would register with etenders. http://www.etenders.gov.ie/
    Also - register with irish language version/option as some tenders are just put out in irish. Technical work in IT is often tendered. Best of luck!

Advertisement