Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lite and Compact Gas bbq

• 09-06-2011 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi There

Can anyone suggest a light weight and compact gas bbq that can be packed into the caravan and not take up too much space ?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lady Madonna

Just bought a Cadac Safari Chef from The Charles Camping web site, it is very compact and stows very neatly under the seat in our camper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I've used the Cadac for the past 10 yrs and think they're great.
    Then again, I'm told it's not a BBQ if it doesn't have charcoal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Bought a Cadac Safari Chef Deluxe from Riversway Leisure in the UK for £120 on the way over to France (same over here ranged from €175 - €199).

Very impressed with it and it allowed us to cook everything on it - BBQ meats, fried eggs, fried rice, paella.

Easy to clean, folds up nicely when moving. Debated on getting the non deluxe model but the extra cooking surfaces that come with the deluxe were worth it.

Hope the info is of use to somebody.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Bought a nice tidy gas one from Buckleys Mallow, about 30 euro I think. Very light and portable, ideal for the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭joed571

dfbemt wrote: »
    Bought a Cadac Safari Chef Deluxe from Riversway Leisure in the UK for £120 on the way over to France (same over here ranged from €175 - €199).

found this one for a bit less, seems good ?
    http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalog/Cadac_Safari_Chef_Deluxe_L.P.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

joed571 wrote: »

Different model to the one I bought but cheaper than here as always (regretably)

As also pointed out by Corkbuoy, there are lots of different options out there when looking at BBQ's. We started with disposable charcoal BBQ's but they were messy and couldn't be used on some sites so we decided to go to gas.

We decided on Cadac over Weber as they really seem to be the BBQ's that get excellent reviews and we had seen lots of older campers using them.

We then decided we wanted a waist high one rather than a table top model. We wanted this to be collapsible. Then we wanted all the cooking surfaces and the lid hence the Deluxe.

A look around at prices and we arrived at our recent purchase.

Overall the Cadac range and product all appear to be excellent. There is a huge range to choose from and Charles Camping have a good selection in their shop.

Our next idea may be for instaling an external gas connection point. Anybody any experience of using these ?

Also - excellent site you linked to there JoeD. Just ordered a magnetic gas level indicator :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Hi dfbemt

I have an external gas connection, its very handy. No messing about with seperate gas bottles, it has a switched plug in connection.

corkbuoy

This is the BBQ I have
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ROYAL-PORTABLE-GAS-BBQ-IDEAL-CAMPING-CARAVANNING-/270592507844

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

We added an external gas supply this year. Well worth it if you can fit it conveniently (ours was just beside the gas cabinet so we just cut into the existing line and added a manifold). The quick release is excellent - gas is on in 2 seconds with no messing with additional bottles etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

For anybody with a Cadac BBQ here's a handy accessory available to save on the washing up. It's a non-stick liner that you cook on. Quick and easy to wash and saves having to bring the hotplate and surround over to the wash-up.

Advertisement