Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do to stop cars parking like this in front of my apartment complex and on

Options
  • 09-06-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

the paths?

These two are not the worst by any means but you get an idea of what's going on. Cars have actually been parked abandoned blocking the road into the complex. There are signs up that vehicles will be clamped but I'm just back from the shop and there's two vans and two cars completely blocking the pathways.

The car on the right here is obstructing cars coming safely in and out of the complex and the car on the left is nicely obstructing the path... and the two vans and two other cars are to its left now (photo taken earlier) blocking all pedestrians.

Bar contract the management company is there anything (legal) that I can do?

2j30b2r.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

That's ridiculous parking. Is the roadway a public road or private property?

If public - Contact the Gardaí/Local Authority. There are offences for obstructing the roadways and parking on footpaths/near junctions.

If private - there's not much else you can do bar notifying the management company or finding out who enforces the parking regulation on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact your local authority (Dublin City Council??) parking division. The vehicle will then either be clamped or towed away. You can also contact the Gardai, as it's illegal to park on a footpath.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 tommyp

let the air out of the tyres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭up4it

You could always block it in with your car. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Is that East Wall in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

I've put notes on cars saying that I'm a wheelchair user and that I can't pass their car and there's no ramps nearby to get around it..

I'm not, but I think a bit of guilt wouldn't hurt anyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tommyp wrote: »
    let the air out of the tyres
    Advocating criminal damage (and it is) isn't acceptable.
    up4it wrote: »
    You could always block it in with your car. ;-)
    This may result in damage to your own car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 tommyp

Victor wrote: »
    Advocating criminal damage (and it is) isn't acceptable.
    This may result in damage to your own car.

I was not advocating criminal damage - anyone can see from the photos that the tyres on the car are dangerously over-inflated. Letting the air out of the tyres could just be the friendly gesture that resolves this

I have to say that the tyres do have something in common with certain properties in that they appear to be rather over-inflated. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

mikemac wrote: »
    Is that East Wall in Dublin?

Yeah it's East Wall, I live around there myself.

There is a reason for the road being jam packed with cars like that- the underground car park for the apartment complex in the right side of the photo is closed off. Something to do with fire safety I believe. I'm not trying to justify people blocking entrances and footpaths, just saying that they sometimes have to try squeeze in their car wherever they can. The ones who park right on corners and in front of other people's houses are really pushing it though.

Talking to the management company of Alexandra Place won't get you anywhere tbh, if you're going to contact anyone about it the council would probably be your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Brake fluid in a squeezie tube..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I wonder what would happen if two big lads left really big boulder type rocks there around the edge of the kerb and painted them white. I can't see the car owner moving rocks just to park there :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bryaner wrote: »
    Brake fluid in a squeezie tube..

Any more mention of vandalism- which is what you're suggesting, will result in a temporary posting holiday from this forum. Regards, SMcCarrick

Maybe the OP is a little miffed because the car has nicked their special private parking spot! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

282ev0n.jpg

2hcf11c.jpg

rbe4c4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Have you contacted the council parking enforcement and/or the Gardai about dangerous parking??

Advertisement