Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brewery Tap, Drogheda

Options
  • 09-06-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭

The Brewery Tap Drogheda.
    Opening Soon!

Here at the Brewery Tap we love a bit of live music and particularly passionate about
    supporting local talent. If you are a band/DJ/solo artist and are interested in working
    with us (or know anybody who might be), email us at phil@thebrewerytap.ie cheers and see you soon!

http://www.thebrewerytap.ie/

Opening where the Trinity Arms used to be I think? So who is gonna check this place out when it opens? I hope it doesn't attract the same folk as the Trinity Arms did, was only there a few times and fights every time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow Trinity was closed????? Was 10 years since I was in it but it was one of those places you would have figured recession resistant.They must have been catering to the younger crowd these days?

Down town for beers on a weekend seems to be not worth the trouble these days from what I hear. Shocking to say @ only 30 years of age but at xmas there I felt like an 'auld fella in town :mad:

Sign of the times we live in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

calex71 wrote: »
    Wow Trinity was closed????? Was 10 years since I was in it but it was one of those places you would have figured recession resistant.They must have been catering to the younger crowd these days?

Down town for beers on a weekend seems to be not worth the trouble these days from what I hear. Shocking to say @ only 30 years of age but at xmas there I felt like an 'auld fella in town :mad:

Sign of the times we live in ?

Times indeed. The 30-50 age group is probably the most indebted to the banks while the "kids" can still afford to go out for a few pints if they live at home. The auld lads will always find the money for a few pints, usually to the detriment of food.

I'm 37 and have been out to the pub once in the past 3 months and out for dinner once as well. Just don't have the cash for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DaDartle

Has anybody been here yet? I haven't been able to get into town, might not be able to for another week or so but what beers do they have there? Are they selling anything out of the ordinary?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Dropped in for 1 on Monday night as I heard they were doing a quiet opening, just to see what it was like. Massive improvement on the Trinity Arms anyway. They had the usual on tap, as well as Pauliner, and a fair few bottled beers, I think I saw Sam Adams on the list. There were about 10-12 different beers there anyway. We were chatting to the owner/manager and he said they're having a bigger opening early in July, and hope to have bands playing in the upstairs room.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

The auld lads will always find the money for a few pints, usually to the detriment of food.

So true! :D

• Advertisement

Is the Weavers still going? Popped in the last time I was in town - Saturday night and there was a handful of punters (literally 5!). Seemed a little unimaginative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Is the Weavers still going? Popped in the last time I was in town - Saturday night and there was a handful of punters (literally 5!). Seemed a little unimaginative!
    gone.jpg

Eh, that place? :pac:

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    gone.jpg

Eh, that place? :pac:

I saw that thread after I posted! LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Really!
    And that's your alibi is it? ;)

Edit: I love what they've done with the "smoking" area.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Gary the driver

I live 10 mins away so it is very handy:D:D..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Last night was offical opening night.Place was packed as you'd expect,but I have to say its spotless clean now,has a great range of beers not usually seen in Irish bars,and the staff were friendly.Girlfriend tells me there's even flowers in the ladies toilets.The owner is a local man,so should know what the people of Drogheda want in a local.Well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Last night was offical opening night.Place was packed as you'd expect,but I have to say its spotless clean now,has a great range of beers not usually seen in Irish bars,and the staff were friendly.Girlfriend tells me there's even flowers in the ladies toilets.The owner is a local man,so should know what the people of Drogheda want in a local.Well worth a look.
    What where the people like there? Had bad experiences with scum in trinity arms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭easygoing39

@ Wolfe Tone,the people were ordinary decent people,like you or I.The new owner,as I said,is a local,so he knows what the Trinity used to be like,and he won't be letting the lowlife's back in.Alot of money has been spent painting and cleaning the place,plus things like the "world" beers and glass's of wine from a large proper botttle (as opposed to them silly little individual bottle's),flowers etc in the ladies all point to a pub that wants only nice,law abiding punters!!Should be a pub with a future.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Has anyone gone to the jazz sessions on a Sunday? I'm heading up to Drogheda tomorrow to meet a few friends, and if people have heard good things I might call in for an hour before I head home. I just saw it up on their Facebook.

Advertisement