Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonidas or any handmade chocolates in Limerick

• 09-06-2011 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Now that Heirlooms has closed I'm just wondering if there's anywhere else in Limerick where I can buy Leonidas chocolates or something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Melt Chocolate Café on Little Catherine Street have a nice selection.

Thorntons could be worth a look too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Is the heirlooms still open in the crescent? If so you can get them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Wilde Irish Chocolates are at the Milk Market on Sats. They have a web page which should be easy to find. They used to also have a stall at the Uni on Tue, but I haven't been there for a while due to the difficulty/cost of parking anywhere in that area. Anyway, they do very nice chocs in attractively wrapped boxes - and I think are based in Tuamgraney.

I've also bought Glenstal Abbey chocs (actually made by one of the Irish brand names, poss Lily O'Brien?), which proved popular with overseas friends at Christmas.

Hope that helps!

Am now trying to ignore the bar of lovely dark chocolate lurking in the fridge ... shouldn't have read this thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

There's a place in the milk market on saturday that also have a shop in Doolin (could be wilde irish chocolates as already mentioned). They have good stuff.

I've also seen Lorge chocolates for sale as part of another stand. Haven't tried it but have heard a lot about these.

The chocs in Melt cafe look good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭adaminho

Cahill's tobacconists on Wickham street used do them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Is the heirlooms still open in the crescent? If so you can get them there.

No, they're closed down now. Another vote for Melt, love the freebie choc you get with coffee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Thanks everyone. Will try Melt. My sister said she thinks Eason's sell Butlers chocolates. Anybody know for sure?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've seen boxes of Butlers chocolates on sale in Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I wouldn't rate anything you'd buy off a shelf in a shrinkwrapped box as being anywhere near Leonidas or other fresh handmade chocs tho...
    (makes me sound like a fierce snob I know...)

langdang wrote: »
    I wouldn't rate anything you'd buy off a shelf in a shrinkwrapped box as being anywhere near Leonidas or other fresh handmade chocs tho...
    (makes me sound like a fierce snob I know...)

No, I know what you mean. Although Butlers are obviously going to be better than a box of roses or milk tray, there's still not going to be Leonidas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

adaminho wrote: »
    Cahill's tobacconists on Wickham street used do them.

Cahills still do them, they just have 2 shops now. 1 for tobacco and one beside foxes bow called "The bow". The bow do chocs, marzipan fruits, turkish delight.... om nom nom :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Bevvie wrote: »
    Cahills still do them, they just have 2 shops now. 1 for tobacco and one beside foxes bow called "The bow". The bow do chocs, marzipan fruits, turkish delight.... om nom nom :D

I wish "the bow" would get a proper sign.

Bevvie wrote: »

Excellent, will head there so. Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

I wish "the bow" would get a proper sign.

I'll mention it to the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sulkin

Hi,

I'm just wondering does this shop, "The Bow" still sell Leonidas chocolates?

I want to get them for my dad tomorrow for his birthday and I'm at a loss as to where...#bringbackheirlooms :(

Advertisement