Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Techno-Metal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

O_O

Only similar thing I've encountered:

Despite the gimpy image, I like the band, but the breakdowny thing at the end (Around 3:30)? Whut!?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Can't say I like the sound of it. It's the techno sort of a beat in the back of it that'd drive me off. I don't like techno, so it'd be sorta beyond me as to why you'd want to stick it in metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Fad wrote: »
    O_O

Despite the gimpy image, I like the band, but the breakdowny thing at the end (Around 3:30)? Whut!?!

Thats a decent enough tune til the breakdown thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm a big fan of metal + synths when it's tastefully done and adding atmosphere to the song as opposed to dominating. That first song wasn't bad once the dancey lead dropped out at 0:58 :).

I suppose the first band that comes to mind that play in this style is Enter Shikari. They are yet another marmite band. I'm not their biggest fan but I certainly don't hate them.

Along the lines of the videos already posted, here is Italian band Helia

and of course Blood Stain Child who should have come to mind before Enter Shikari (stupid brain!)

Can't say I like the sound of it. It's the techno sort of a beat in the back of it that'd drive me off. I don't like techno, so it'd be sorta beyond me as to why you'd want to stick it in metal.
    It's a hard one to argue especially on a Rock & Metal forum without going a bit off-topic but feck it, I'm the moderator :). If you don't like dance music in general then it pretty much stands to reason you're not going to like it combined with metal. I'm using the generic term dance music as a cover all. I've no idea what the difference between techno, dance, rave, trance is so I don't even try to tell them apart. The key for me is when bands use synths as an accessory to the song - embellish a riff or add atmosphere or use it as a build up. Funnily enough I quite liked that breakdown at the end of the song Fad posted. As mentioned earlier, I don't like when the synth aspects dominate.

I'd love to see a metal band cover this song:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Fad wrote: »
    O_O

I like the breakdown at the end. I haven't gotten round to checking out their new album. Heard it's a change of direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭dasdog

A bit of a taboo subject for some but I like a lot of electonic music, especially drum & bass. Boards user Nemeses posted this up on (dance) Music Production forum a few weeks ago which I thought was pretty decent seeing as he/she didn't have access to the master tapes.

Advertisement