Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing levels

• 09-06-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Can I still drop down a level at the day of the exam? Do i have to talk to a principal in order to change the level, or can i just talk to the examiner and he'd give me other level exam paper?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

As far as I know you can just ask for the other paper - but why would you drop down now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I'm pretty sure I'll fail my maths, so I'm thinking of dropping down a level. And the courses that i want to do doesnt require maths, only a pass in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Normally you can get an Ordinary level paper simply by asking the superintendent AFAIK.

Be sure though that this isn't simply last minute nerves! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Check the ordinary level papers on examinations.ie beforehand to see the ordinary paper. I know it's easier than honors, but a lot of the course is just different, so make sure you know you can do the stuff before you drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Im thinking of changing down French levels on Wednesday, does it effect the oral or whats the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

aramush wrote: »
    Im thinking of changing down French levels on Wednesday, does it effect the oral or whats the story?

As far as i know you get marked on the level you were doing at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

AFAIK, the oral isn't marked until your exam is. So, conceivably, you can switch without it being a problem.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    AFAIK, the oral isn't marked until your exam is. So, conceivably, you can switch without it being a problem.

Alright cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

CTYIgirl wrote: »

As far as I know your oral is marked there and then in your oral exam. The recording of your oral is only used it you want to get a recheck.

But the oral is a common exam really it is based on your own standard of french the examiners don't actually know if you are ordinary or higher.

Thanks for the replies. Can anyone give me info on what questions you have to answer on pass french paper. (I know Im going off topic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

aramush wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Can anyone give me info on what questions you have to answer on pass french paper. (I know Im going off topic).

You get four comprehensions, a fill in the blanks test or an application form, a message or postcard (pick one), and a diary entry or a formal letter (pick one). It's all very easy :D

Advertisement