Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a French Bulldog?

• 09-06-2011 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of getting a small dog and would love a French Bulldog.

But could do with some advice.

Are they expensive?
    Where can I get one?
    Do they have a good temperament?
    Are they good with kids?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Are they expensive, yes,very, about 2000-3000 euro/sterling, and thats if you can even source one in ireland.

They are very, very hard to come by in Ireland and i know someone who was waiting 2-3 years for a well bred pup from the UK and thats with someone she knew very well too.

Temperament can vary, the one i know is very, very aggressive with all dogs.

I really would reconsider another breed to be honest as i doubt you will get one easy in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

IIRC there is a vet somewhere in the country that breeds them, yes they cost an absolute fortune and this person I think has imported hers and they are all top quality with all relevant testing done and pups come with endorsed registration so can't be bred from. I could try to do some more digging if you were willing to pay 3 grand for a dog :D. I think EGAR or someone actually had one in rescue a while ago and again had issues with other dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

andreac wrote: »
    Are they expensive, yes,very, about 2000-3000 euro/sterling, and thats if you can even source one in ireland.

They are very, very hard to come by in Ireland and i know someone who was waiting 2-3 years for a well bred pup from the UK and thats with someone she knew very well too.

Temperament can vary, the one i know is very, very aggressive with all dogs.

I really would reconsider another breed to be honest as i doubt you will get one easy in Ireland.

:eek: Gulp! Eh, they are cool little fellas but I think I will definatley have to reconsider!

Cocker Spaniels are great with kids from what I've seen so maybe one of those.

• Advertisement
Advertisement