Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous Convictions - WHV

Options
  • 09-06-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Has anybody had the experience of applying for the WHV with previous convictions, I've emailed all the info I can to them, and am still waiting on an answer:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

why tell them about your previous convictions ?? i have known guys who were in jail and they never disclosed about there previous and they got the visa with no hassle, they never check into your past when it's only for a WHV, you will only be there for 1-2 years not for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

well i have ambitions of being sponsored;) now my convictions are hardly that of a hardened criminal, but i thought i'd be better off being honest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

gustafo wrote: »
    why tell them about your previous convictions ?? i have known guys who were in jail and they never disclosed about there previous and they got the visa with no hassle, they never check into your past when it's only for a WHV, you will only be there for 1-2 years not for life.

Mod DON'T GIVE OUT ILLEGAL ADVICE

OP - yes others have had WHV with convictions - if you do a search on the forum you can find more info.

It all depends on what you have etc, sometimes they ask for garda certs etc, and it can be a longer process. A friend of mine had a conviction for drink driving and it took 2 months to process, as had to send all information to London embassy

hussey wrote: »
    Mod DON'T GIVE OUT ILLEGAL ADVICE

OP - yes others have had WHV with convictions - if you do a search on the forum you can find more info.

It all depends on what you have etc, sometimes they ask for garda certs etc, and it can be a longer process. A friend of mine had a conviction for drink driving and it took 2 months to process, as had to send all information to London embassy

Ye, well thats the same as mine, although I just scanned the documents and emailed them to the helpdesk with my TRN

Ye, well thats the same as mine, although I just scanned the documents and emailed them to the helpdesk with my TRN

Help desk? Doesn't sound right to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nor me, what was the emaill address you used.

My first reaction was that its a separate company,.

this was the email address : eVisa.WHM.Helpdesk@immi.gov.au

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

Hello

The email is correct and it generally takes anything from a few days to a few weeks for a response.

I suggest checking the online system after 2 weeks has passed and if no update then send a update request via the online system.

Thanks, Liz O'Hagan

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is it not only for help regarding visa applications already lodged?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

once its nothing major you should be fine mine took 7 weeks for something small enough bout 8 years ago

• Advertisement

Pheewww, got the Visa! Melbourne here i come! Are they stricter about sponsorship?

Pheewww, got the Visa! Melbourne here i come! Are they stricter about sponsorship?

prob will have to go through the same deal ... if you can get a WHV you can get sponsorship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Do you submit a Garda Check for a WHV ?

Zambia wrote: »
    Do you submit a Garda Check for a WHV ?

Only if you answer yes to the "Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence" question for the online visa. They send you an automated email then requiring additional info.

Advertisement