Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discount rates and DSP electricity allowance

Options
  • 10-06-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have just received my online bill, and would be grateful if someone could clarify something for me.
    I switched to the supersaver plan(14% discount), but receive the free electricity allowance. I used less than the full allowance on this bill so no money is owing, but i notice it says that the unit price is 0.1410(less vat).
    So my query is this, are the free units charged (to the govt) at the standard rate and any units after that charged at the discounted rate? And is the discounted rate not mentioned on this bill as there were no units above the free allowance used?
    Thanks

Edit: I re-read the previous thread on the discount and free schemes and it appears from that thread that you are saying that the discount applies to the govt for the free units as well, If this is the case why has my discount not been applied?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Electric Ireland: Pat

Hi Chasm can you just pop me a PM with your account details and I will check this out for you straight away

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

chasm wrote: »
    Auld Yin, You don't receive the FEA by any chance do you?

I am, and after all the emphasis on phoning to 'get discount and ensure it's applied properly' the end result is a poor advertisement for a national service.

I'm not totally surprised though. About two years ago I moved from an apartment at the back of the house to one at the front. Despite the fact that I was assured that the allowance would be applied on my next bill, it wasn't. More assurances etc.
    It was four bills (8 months) before the allowance was applied!

~~~

...and on top of all that I'm not keen on the new-look bill. It's 'Bill At A Glance' but I have to turn over and read the small print for a usage breakdown!!!

Advertisement