Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada Dry? Dubstep Dirtiness! :D

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I wouldn't call that Dubstep, that's Jump Up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

I wouldn't call that Dubstep, that's Jump Up.

:D lol ,fookin 'Jump up' lol I couldn't give a fook what people call it to be honest but it alway raises a smile when I hear these new 'genres' been named , it's all boll*x in my opinion , I listen to one type of music .... 'GOOD'

As far as I'm concerned there are two types...'Good' and 'Bad' , genre junkies can go ask the back end of my balls! I liked what I heard on this guys channel, of the 13 uploads they were mostly labelled Dubstep, it all sounds alike to me.

Go on, educate me, whats the difference between Dubstep & Jump up :confused: ...and I don't mean post up a video of each, explain to me the difference between both,then I wont have an excuse for my ignorance!

lol 'Jump up' ....actually sounds very fitting for people obsessed with genreisms ....'Jumped Up' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :D lol ,fookin 'Jump up' lol I couldn't give a fook what people call it to be honest but it alway raises a smile when I hear these new 'genres' been named , it's all boll*x in my opinion , I listen to one type of music .... 'GOOD'

It's hardly a new term. It's been around since the mid 90s. DJ Hype, Aphrodite and a load of others produced it.
    As far as I'm concerned there are two types...'Good' and 'Bad' , genre junkies can go ask the back end of my balls! I liked what I heard on this guys channel, of the 13 uploads they were mostly labelled Dubstep, it all sounds alike to me.

Not being a genre junkie, don't have a fooking notion what most things are labelled but I do know what Jump Up is - I bought a fair bit of it back in the late nineties. I thought an old skooler like yourself would have heard some of it by this stage.
    Go on, educate me, whats the difference between Dubstep & Jump up :confused: ...and I don't mean post up a video of each, explain to me the difference between both,then I wont have an excuse for my ignorance!

They're different tempos, jump up is a variant of jungle and dubstep is a variant of garage. Also jump up would have a much cleaner sound to dubstep. But sure it all sounds the same...
    lol 'Jump up' ....actually sounds very fitting for people obsessed with genreisms ....'Jumped Up' :D

Rapier wit there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

It's hardly a new term. It's been around since the mid 90s. DJ Hype, Aphrodite and a load of others produced it.

Not being a genre junkie, don't have a fooking notion what most things are labelled but I do know what Jump Up is - I bought a fair bit of it back in the late nineties. I thought an old skooler like yourself would have heard some of it by this stage.

They're different tempos, jump up is a variant of jungle and dubstep is a variant of garage. Also jump up would have a much cleaner sound to dubstep. But sure it all sounds the same...

Rapier wit there...

lol , listen man I dont mean to come across as a pri.ck lol i guess it can be hard to convey humour (good or bad) in text......basically I was been a giddy sarcastic gobsh!te....no offence intended.

But seriously I do struggle with all these genres n sub-genres :confused: if your a follower on the oldskool thread you'll have heard me testify to the fact loads of times.My vinyl purchasing was predominantely early ninties trance & house, then hardcore, Jungle Drum n Bass (and maybe jumped up - i just didnt know it at the time lol)

See,i'd have said Hype n Aphrodite were Junglist/DnB ....this term 'jump up' is one i've heard but never associated it as an actual 'genre' ....i'm relatively new to dubstep (most of it is shoite) but it's a cool sound all the same.

I'm sure i've heard a load of it tbh but just wouldnt have said "thats jump up"..(see above),so it seems i've got some 'jungle' , 'DnB' n stuff that should be in a file called 'jumped up' ;)

Nice one on the explaination btw,another weak area of mine lol tempos :o possibly why my 'mixes' are pitiful lol but like i said ,i just play whatever i think sounds good.

Anyways,sorry for the earlier uncordial ribbing.......my only excuse is I was in AH Mode a tad too early :D

.........I'm off to re-categorize my tunage :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CillDaraRfc14

Here's a really good dubstep artist from Canada :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpAePSP-ni4

Hope you like it, I've been listening to dubstep for the best part of 2 years now, I love it! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement