Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia modem/router password?

Options
  • 10-06-2011 1:36am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Could somebody tell me what the password for the netopia router is please?

(thats the one you need to make changes to the settings of the router)

I have done several searches but cannot seem to find a correct answer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

broadband1 ?

I never remember a password to login to the netopia:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    broadband1 ?

I never remember a password to login to the netopia:confused:

Some of the netopias require it. Its similar to say a Netgear which usually uses Admin and Password to get at the settings but those ones dont appear to work for the netopia.

None of the netopias which I have looked at before have required one but a friend of mine has one which requires a password and he needs to set up a wireless network and cant do it without the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

dub45 wrote: »
    Some of the netopias require it. Its similar to say a Netgear which usually uses Admin and Password to get at the settings but those ones dont appear to work for the netopia.

None of the netopias which I have looked at before have required one but a friend of mine has one which requires a password and he needs to set up a wireless network and cant do it without the password.

The password is not sent out by default. Your friend set that one....Usually if you do a full reset (Press and hold the reset so it flashes red and green 5 times in a row) it will remove the pass.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The password is not sent out by default. Your friend set that one....Usually if you do a full reset (Press and hold the reset so it flashes red and green 5 times in a row) it will remove the pass.

I can assure you that he definitely didnt set a password as he wouldn't have the faintest notion how to go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

The Model Number of the router would help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

dub45 wrote: »
    Could somebody tell me what the password for the netopia router is please?

(thats the one you need to make changes to the settings of the router)

I have done several searches but cannot seem to find a correct answer.

Hi dub45,

If the the wireless has been set to default settings the password will be broadband1 Have you tried that?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Hi dub45,

If the the wireless has been set to default settings the password will be broadband1 Have you tried that?

Thanks, Mark

The older netopias do not have a password by default if they were supplied by Eircom.

Reset the modem five times in a row will do the trick...

Advertisement