Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Come Dine with me

Options

Comments

Kold wrote: »
    Louisa... What a twat.

She used to work in a local betting office about 4 years ago, what a twat indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

She's a sexy curvy momma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056284475

Didnt she say she only moved to Cork 3 years ago? Shes having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

She is indeed a twat..If I had her at a dinner party I think id snap, that a secretly feed her meat...

Now im ne being mean, but ok I would understand her being so blahh about being a vegie but she has only been a veggie for 4years she has not right to be so preacey about it...And she was yappin on about no eating anything to do with animals and I be seeing her having lots of cream and what not...Il Tardo she should be called..Love the rest of them though very entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

One of my colleagues was just talking about the fact that Louisa was intereviewed on one of the radio stations - and she was talking about how "edited" the programme is. That the group still meet up and all get along great. That she said at the dinner table that her parents are Italian, she was born there - but they lived in Mullingar (or somewhere like that) and she has only lived in Cork for 4 years. But none of that was shown on the programme. She was apparently asked would she do it again and she said she wouldn't. So I suppose none of us really know what happens behind the scenes. The show is only for 30 minutes and they are at the host's home for hours. The power of the editing room.

I loved watching Dave Roche on the first night - I remember him in Cork around the 80's/90's - a cool dude indeed :D

Anyone know if the Irish version will be shown on UK TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Gotta say it again cause i think he doing great,but Daves my 1st cousin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Judes wrote: »

The Australian one is shown in the UK so I'd say the Irish one would be shoved in there in an omnibus some Sunday afternoon or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

That Louisa is a proper twat. Shes no more italian than I am. The guy that had it the first night is a proper gas man I would say hes fierce crack. My wife knows Vicky shes a nice girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I amazed they found five cork people that didn't know each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Is Dave a Cork character or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

very entertaining,love that dave guy and his house and dogs.. gorgreous:)
    yeah i thought louisa was a twat but as the week went on i grew to warm to her... my dp said he would:eek: maybe hes into crazy veggies (im also a veggie) but that woman who hated the veggies:mad::(:P cant believe she won...
    poor vickys night was a bit ruined by the arguing, i say thats why she came 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Nice to see some familiar scenery on this show. Tempted to try to round up enough culinary inclined friends for a DIY 'come dine with me'. This could prove difficult though. Might make for an interesting alternative to boards beers. 'Come drink dine with me'. Anyhow, regarding this show, Louisa prompts urges to kick her in the face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

One of my colleagues was just talking about the fact that Louisa was intereviewed on one of the radio stations - and she was talking about how "edited" the programme is. That the group still meet up and all get along great. That she said at the dinner table that her parents are Italian, she was born there - but they lived in Mullingar (or somewhere like that) and she has only lived in Cork for 4 years. But none of that was shown on the programme. She was apparently asked would she do it again and she said she wouldn't. So I suppose none of us really know what happens behind the scenes. The show is only for 30 minutes and they are at the host's home for hours. The power of the editing room.

I loved watching Dave Roche on the first night - I remember him in Cork around the 80's/90's - a cool dude indeed :D

Do I remember Dave as a bouncer at the door of Sidetracks*? I remember him somehow.

Disclaimer: I am not a suck for going to this place, it used to be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

You prob remember him from Coco's - he was running the restaurant there. He was always in Coco's, Gay Future Bar, Pitz - (all owned by same consortium). Ah now those were the days in Corcaigh! :D And yes he was / is a brill character. Sorry Dave didn't win.

Hey to Dave's cousin - tell him well done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Did Louisa not ever watch an episode before appearing on the show. It's clear it's heavily edited. How else could you fit an entire day - food prep, a bit about the person's life, guests arriving, eating a 3 course meal, etc - into a half hour?

It's also obvious how much they say is taken out of context. I joke about it when I'm cooking dinner that Dave Lamb would have a field day with the kind of things I do or say if they edited it right.

She's very naive or STILL being an attention-seeker.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Yup she came across badly, editing or not. I liked Helena even though I know she was a bit pigheaded re vegetarianism. Vicky seemed nice alright. They all wanted to show off their fancy pads, bar Luisa. Who hangs their dresses on a curtain pole to show them off :rolleyes:

Advertisement