Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember-Desmond Domican?

Options
  • 10-06-2011 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just the other day I was thinking back to the time I did Ballet. I remembered my teacher at the time was Desmond Domican. His dance school ( now no longer in existence) was in Parnell Square, he used to live with his mother above the school. I remember the patron of the school was the ballet dancer Anton Dolin, it used to state that on the glass arch above the hall door. Mr Domican was a very strict but great teacher. I remember he used to hold annual ballet shows ( which I was in) in the Dagg Hall (also known as the R.I.A.M Theatre in Westland Row ) back in the 60's/70's.

I tried to Google to see if there was any information about him, but there doesn't appear to be much. I did have some scrap book stuff from back then but it was amongst some items that got stolen on me. There was an article I recall from a newspaper back then ( most likely The Evening Press ) about Mr Domican, which also had a photo of him with two of his pupils.

Does anyone remember him? I don't know what happened to him or anything. But if you have any memories to share or even a photo of him, ( to jog the memory! ) that would be fab. Would love to hear any stories/memories,

Thanks

Cheers

Merlie :)

Advertisement