Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Accomodation

Options
  • 10-06-2011 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looks like I'll be doing a masters in UL from this autumn, just wondering what are the various accommodation options (student buildings or Private houses), and how soon should I organise it. I'm hoping to get a room for €50 or less a week, is this possible?

I'm 27 so want to avoid sharing a place with younger students plus I don't mind walking 20mins or more to get to the college.

I've never been to Limerick so appreciate any advice, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=299781 be worth having a read through this thread.

For 50 a week you'd be looking at College Court, Elm Park or Oaklawns. They're all very close to campus.

For a nicer house you could look at Bru na Grudan for example, I don't know what the average rent is there but its probably 60-70 a week. It's a 15 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Cois Ghruda is about 25 minutes walk from the college. mainly consist of young people working and post grads (few older undergrads as well). Very quiet area. Rent woud be approx. from €270 to €300 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

I think cois ghruda, bru na grudain and all that area around there generally has a fair few post-grad only houses. There's a housing list available from UL and there is a post-grad specific housing list. There may be a few going for around €50 on that. I found when i rang places on that list last year they had more properties available for rental that weren't listed too.

Advertisement