Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackcurrant bush fruiting?!

Options
  • 10-06-2011 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I bought a few blackcurrant bushes, they seemed to be growing well but now all the fruit is yellow/gold and has just fallen off?! I squeezed one of the currants that was on the ground and there was liquid inside and seeds?!

I don't know what's going on, if anyone can help?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Could it be a white currant bush?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_currant

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

No def not :)

It's really weird, when I get my camera I'll take a pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Just have the one bush which I bought in Lidl 3 years ago, was out harvesting it this afternoon, really good crop this year. Odd dehydrated currant due to the plant carrying so much fruit and the plant was starting to shred the riper fruit but nothing as you described. Hopefully I will get a second pick next week. Only thing I can think of at the moment is that the plants haven't enough water.

Advertisement