Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Have a gang going tonight. Looking at the big Sean, it looks to have no parking. I know the area well enough but haven’t a monkeys where is best to leave the car. Any suggestions?
    I don't think you'll find a best place to leave a car there at the Sean O'Casey theatre , just a "least worst" place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Have a gang going tonight. Looking at the big Sean, it looks to have no parking. I know the area well enough but haven’t a monkeys where is best to leave the car. Any suggestions?

Not a driver so not the best person to ask, but I know there’s some parking at the venue itself.

If anyone is going and needs directions or anything, I probably won’t be able to check here but get me on Twitter @AMTRick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anybody care to shed light on wrestlerama, was in Spain so couldnt go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Sirsok wrote: »

Ishii and Juice decided to have a G1 quality banger. They brawled in the crowd which is always frustrating for people who can't see but my favourite wrestler smashing a lad a few inches from my face was something I'll always remember.

WALTER vs Devlin had one of the best atmospheres for a match I've ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Another awesome show by OTT, right up there with Scrapper in terms of quality. Paddy M returning was a great start to the night and got a huge pop. Kings of the North (Dunkan & Bonesaw) turned back heel attacking the referee and all of the Lumberjacks, while Sammy D & Justy cost the Cruzers the tag titles.

Kushida/Strickland was really good and Thatcher/Starr had a banger. Big Tom Ishii did what Big Ishii does and had a cracker of a match with Juice, crowd were really into Juice. Huge pop for Naito being announced for the October show.

The crowd were molten all night, as loud as I've ever heard an OTT crowd and the noise for main event was louder than I've ever heard at a wrestling event, made for a really special atmosphere. I think Devlin WALTER has to be considered the best match in OTT history, the build, the crowd reactions and the match itself were all incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bigbossbeale

Pro Wrestling by the fans, for the fans. This is an all ages event. First bell at 7pm

The roster so far
    Charlie Morgan
    Chris Renfrew
    Dmitri Krakovic
    JDP & Tron
    Jetta
    Luther
    Phil Boyd
    Rhia O'Rielly
    TK Cooper

More announcements to come this week!

All info on our Facebook and Twitter pages @CourageWrestlin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

So it looks like CCW has died down completely since Phoenix has started up? Anything up there or is it the same owners trying something different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So it looks like CCW has died down completely since Phoenix has started up? Anything up there or is it the same owners trying something different?

Suppose name change makes it less regional so they can tour. Ya can go to any county with the name Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SquidLad

Suppose name change makes it less regional so they can tour. Ya can go to any county with the name Phoenix

Is it the same people running it? It does have a very different feel to CCW and dare I say it, is of a much higher quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BeckyBloomwood

Different company, different owners. The Armstrongs talked about it on Justy's podcast a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

^This. Whole new deal, Armstrongs on Spandex Pantomime is well worth a listen for a bit of insight but it's definitely a whole new promotion.

As an aside their show last Friday, Oops I did it Again was kick ass, really great stuff. They announced a Halloween show for October as well. They also have a family show in Cobh, I think this weekend and the Limerick show in September. They're a very driven and hungry bunch from the looks of it and as long as the quality stays as high as it is, I can't complain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Cody doesnt come across great on that comment on the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

The ego on Cody making those comments. The referee was just doing his job. Maybe if Cody had been professional enough to get his stuff in on time, instead of running around getting people to kiss his ring for ten minutes, Foxy wouldn't have to be telling him to take it home.

It's easy to see why Joe wouldn't be too keen on him, he had a major main event to go on where he was putting the title on the promotion's top babyface who had been built up to that moment all year long, yet the Elite lads took the mick that night pushing the main event on way too late, teasing the crowd about a show they were never going to run in Dublin.

I'd be glad never to see the Elite get booked for OTT again, considering the first time they were over Kenny and the Bucks buried the entire OTT roster. I thought it was smart the second time they were over to not have any of the OTT regulars interact with the Elite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was at the show before the Cody one and if OTT were making efforts to keep the show time on track, good for them. That was one of my main grievances with that OTT show I attended; giving an end time and then blowing way, way past it isn't just unprofessional, it's dick-ish, since people would have had to get buses, pre-arranged taxies or general collections, etc.

Also, IIRC, I had tickets for the Cody show but opted not to go cause there were at least severe weather warnings being issued. So again, fair play to OTT if they were trying to get the time back on track with the thought in mind that many might have to make tough journies home.

For the record, I wasn't siding with or against Cody, just thought it was an interesting comment. Also was at least yesterday the highest voted question on his AMA.

Nice to see people aroudn here giving some context to the situation though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I wasn't at the show but I do remember some people on here being really unhappy with that segment and how long it dragged for.

There's serious 'Do you know who I am?' vibes from Cody in that comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I was at the show and remember Flip Gordon getting visibly irritated with Cody going around getting people to kiss the ring. He must have killed 10 minutes off going around.

There was also the speech after it. Jesus Christ it was never ending. I listened to 5 minutes, went for a smoke, went for a piss, drove up and down to Limerick and then it ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ironic from cody about shows going too long

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1034632846596612096?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I too wasn't impressed with bullet club's karaoke and the 10,000 seat show promo at OTT last Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Cody Comments from Reddit:

"Loved the fans at OTT. The promoter wasn’t too keen on me and the ref actually had the balls to tell me to “take it home” during a triple-threat match. Yea, I’ll telepathically do that bud 🙄.

But we weren’t lying. Dublin was considered and I’d love to be back there. Such a fun crowd that night"

I'm not a wrestler but assume Cody was told to take home as he was the lead in the match? Just guessing with Cody being the senior man in the match.

The stuff afterward went on forever and I very much doubt Dublin really was on the list for "All In".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

must be the set up for OTT vs the World #onlythebest

I love the way he complains about the ref and the promoter and then says he'd love to come back, lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I know we’ve a lot of people here who love Irish wrestling history, so you may be interested to hear that we recorded an interview for ‘The Spandex Pantomime’ with ‘The Heretic’ Red Vinny last week. Part 1 is online now on iTunes.

Yeeeow, Vinny was the IWW standout in the first few years IMO...

Can we get a Blake Norton interview....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SquidLad

Really annoyed I can't make it to Phoenix in Limerick as I've just watched the first two shows and am really enjoying it. The shows are well paced, have lots of variety and are shockingly committed to storylines and angles, which is a real rarity in Irish wrestling.

That Low Blows Network is a great, great idea and it's something I've been crying out for for years. I was never going to pay for multiple VOD subscriptions which all feature the same talent. But I'll gladly pay for a communal service that allows me to see everything.

Just got 2 stage seats for Fan Appreciation night.... They sold out in 1 minute!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

My visions are strongly leading me towards the prospect of organising a wrestling event... And I don't know where to even begin.

Advertisement