Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Angel Cruzer's video before the match was genuinely funny. I show was a bit long, I was feeling the 4 hours at some points. Luckily the main event was so good it didn't really matter then. A couple of matches could have been cut, or shortened as they weren't so good and went on too long. The tag title match went 10 minutes too long I thought.

Still the best OTT show I've seen so far.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I've been to all the OTT shows at the Stadium and most of the ones from the Tivoli and thought last night's show is their best show yet, the 4 hours flew by with every match very solid. I thought the video promos were all really good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Angel Cruzer's video before the match was genuinely funny. I show was a bit long, I was feeling the 4 hours at some points. Luckily the main event was so good it didn't really matter then. A couple of matches could have been cut, or shortened as they weren't so good and went on too long. The tag title match went 10 minutes too long I thought.

Still the best OTT show I've seen so far.

Interesting point on show length that you still feel it's too long. One thing I was praising OTT on was their improved time mangament this year with all of their big shows finishing within four hours. Last year was just ridiculous how late some of the shows were running.

Defiant tonight was fantastic. Not a bad match among the five. Amy Allonsy brought a great energy to get the crowd going on her debut in the Tivoli and Lana Austin landed one or two awesome looking strikes. Jetta is such a good fit for OTT.

Kay Lee Ray vs Jordynne Grace was just a fantastic match, great intensity and an instant tap to a tight bear hug to finish.

Raven Creed vs Samii Jayne in the main event had great heat. Absolutely massive pop for Creed winning the title as Jayne tapped to the ankle lock. Jayne is great and seems to be better every time I see her, surprised there hasn't been more hype about her. This weekend was really the coming out party for Creed, fantastic wrestler and the character work to go with it. Still the biggest criticism I have of OTT is that they don't feature women on their main shows nearly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Walter v Ospreay is the best match I have seen in person. I knew Walter was going to win, but there was 2 points in the match when I actually thought Ospreay was going to get the pin!

Superb show, No bad match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

havoc v cruz deathmatch?? Easy to say online in a forum with a fake name... If they pay him extra to take that punishment then yes.... If not then no
    Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    I talked a bit on here about how much I loved the WALTER Devlin match but that WALTER Ospreay match tonight was on another level. That was as good a match as you’ll see anywhere. It’s amazing how good a job OTT are doing right now. Every show is delivering to a very high level and their use of WALTER has been perfect so far.

Bandido, Flamita & Strickland were such a fun trios team. Everyone having a bop to Tequila and Ain’t Nobody was awesome. The LIJ lads are just the coolest MFers in wrestling.

It was great to see Suzuki again and loved his match with Thatcher. The visciousness of those strikes gave me flashbacks to his match with Goto from this year’s WrestleKingdom.

It was also great to see Kushida having a match with a New Japan Heavyweight, great match with Ishii.

The undercard was super fun too, fun 5 way to open the show, Kings MTH and the two Davies’ against one another were both really good. Lots of bread chants for Kojima, and he enjoyed stuffing down the slice of bread thrown into the ring, great to get to see himself and Goto live. Another very funny video before the Angel Cruzers match, big pop for Havoc as the mystery partner, and there were light tubes! Havoc vs Cruz in the first ever death match in OTT anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

There's no need for light tubes and thumbtacks anymore. Light tubes especially are disgusting to see. That ****e should have died out in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

havoc v cruz deathmatch?? Easy to say online in a forum with a fake name... If they pay him extra to take that punishment then yes.... If not then no

They set up a feud between themselves by smashing light tubes over one another, hardly a stretch to speculate on a death match between the two. Not sure what posting online in a forum with a fake name has to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BeckyBloomwood

https://twitter.com/PHOENIXwrasslin/status/1053378617512726531

Blown away by how good Raven Creed is tbh. Doesn't even have to say a word and I'm both freaked out and dying to see this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

https://twitter.com/PHOENIXwrasslin/status/1053378617512726531

Blown away by how good Raven Creed is tbh. Doesn't even have to say a word and I'm both freaked out and dying to see this match.

Was just about to post this, LOVE IT :eek:
    Can't wait for this show. So happy for Raven too

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Good line up for Courage Wrestling Friday night in Swords.

Paul London Vs. TK Cooper, Chris Ridgeway Vs. Tucker and more.

I'm not sure about going, it starts at 7 bit tight getting in on time with work. Also, the 20 euro ticket price puts off a little. Since I have to buy one for me and my other half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Good line up for Courage Wrestling Friday night in Swords.

Paul London Vs. TK Cooper, Chris Ridgeway Vs. Tucker and more.

I'm not sure about going, it starts at 7 bit tight getting in on time with work. Also, the 20 euro ticket price puts off a little. Since I have to buy one for me and my other half.

To be fair (and full disclosure: I’m working on the show on commentary and it’ll be on Low Blows VOD but the following is still what I believe), it’s an import heavy show in an expensive venue and, from what I understand, the organisers are dropping the GDP of a small country on production etc, so €20 feels a bit underpriced if anything with all that in mind!

Still, it’s up to yourselves if you feel it’s worth it and on them to get all that across to fans, so your call whether it’s worth it by Friday. I’m a total geek for new promotions’ first shows personally though, always find them fascinating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

leggo wrote: »
    To be fair (and full disclosure: I’m working on the show on commentary and it’ll be on Low Blows VOD but the following is still what I believe), it’s an import heavy show in an expensive venue and, from what I understand, the organisers are dropping the GDP of a small country on production etc, so €20 feels a bit underpriced if anything with all that in mind!

Still, it’s up to yourselves if you feel it’s worth it and on them to get all that across to fans, so your call whether it’s worth it by Friday. I’m a total geek for new promotions’ first shows personally though, always find them fascinating.
    €20 is steep regardless, is it not a charity show after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

20 is a fair enough price it's just having to pay for both two of them. The Gen Admission is only 12.50 which would be grand, but there only standing. I know it's cool to have people standing and all that, but much prefer a fully seated show. I don't know the venue but assume it's because its a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Can you share any more info on the promotion? It's the first I've heard of it myself.

It's probably moot to complain about ticket price here. €12.50 for standing seems grand but it depends on the view - standing at OTT in the Tivloi is a bit of a joke these days unless you have a good spot but standing at the Hangar charity show last December was fine so swings and roundabouts... Caveat emptor I suppose and like you say it's up to the promoters to communicate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Bought 2 tickets for Swords show today, but had no idea until I read here that Paul London was on the show. I really think promotions could spend a bit less on production and a bit more on making their pictures and promotion a bit better looking. All the pics on the facebook and twitter are grainy and look cheap. Could really do with getting on canva or something and making better versions.

That being said, can't wait

I don’t know that much myself to be honest! I got the call about the VOD and asked to work with Ben Given, a guy I’ve loved working with in the past, and I was free that night so said yes.

What I know or have heard: it’s a couple lads who did well in the music industry and are doing this as a passion project, they’ve got money to invest so are dropping a bomb to do it the way they want and they’re figuring it out as they go, and from what I understand they’ve multiple dates booked so see it as a long-term deal. They’ve got some really good local lads (like Club Rock Shandy) who are getting their first shot at over-18’s, and some decent imports booked. I’m going in a bit cold on everything else and excited for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

They’ve got some really good local lads (like Club Rock Shandy) who are getting their first shot at over-18’s.

its a kids show isn't it?

Sorry, you might be right there that it’s all ages!

Apparently, all money raised is going to Temple St! Fair play to them!

brianblaze wrote: »
    Apparently, all money raised is going to Temple St! Fair play to them!

The OTT top brass are jumping all over them on twitter for doing this for some reason.

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    The OTT top brass are jumping all over them on twitter for doing this for some reason.
    Any links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

As in praising them or burying them?

So, just Aonghus or a few lads? (edit: NVM, see the other links there!)

Ahhh sh*t, now I'm worried it's a shady show, FFS. Anyone know what the haps is?

I might've come off as critical before about the show but I get the impression that Cabray and Aonghus are blowing this out of proportion.

brianblaze wrote: »

Ahhh sh*t, now I'm worried it's a shady show, FFS. Anyone know what the haps is?

might have been what OTT wanted you to think :confused:

Papering the crowd for the cheap tickets is hardly a big deal to launch the thing. Maybe they had a low amount of tickets sold and thought, 'f*ck it let's just give it to charity and do a good show. '

Anyway, won't wear an OTT shirt Friday so!

My thoughts exactly. I've said it before but there's some real stupid Irish wrestling fans, particularly the one's you see on Twitter sucking up.
    I'd say if Joe Cabray pissed up on their back and told them it was raining they'd believe him.

They have three dates booked in Wrights AFAIK. If they did a scam involving charity the first show, there wouldn't be a second because they wouldn't get away with it. They would know all of this going in. Do the maths.

From what I've seen (and I'm following this the same way as you guys are), someone put in a call to Temple Street and they asked they take the logo off until it was cleared up. That led to the confusion which led to them getting jumped on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, I'll be going to another OTT show soon then...

jgelk9pvwbu11.jpg

Advertisement