Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

Thunder and Lightning in action:
    Main Stage Wrestling Live show TONIGHT (20th August)
    St. Michael's Parish Hall Inchicore, 6:30pm only €5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

#IwantSavagebackonWWRstat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Have been told the Main stage show to nite was a brilliant show with a sell out crowd!

Im posting these results via a friend who was there to nite but doesn't have a boards account.

Went to the MSW show tonight, it was pretty good.

Philly the Kid beat Justin Shape in a great opener, match of the night

Hynsie lost to Magma so he challenged him to a hair vs mask match at next show.

Team PWU beat Team MSW when Insano turned on Kazza and laid her out, helping them win.

some guy won the rumble

main event was T&L Vs Notaro & Jennings

Jennings had belt out with him but it was in a blue belt bag, he used it to hit Terrence then threw it to Lee and he went down, ref turned and thought Lee hit him with it so T&L were disqualified.

The ref opened up the bag and took out some belt but it had DCW taped to it
    Notaro pinned Jennings for the tittle then vice versa then they binned it

Best match was the opener of Justin Shape taking on Philly the Kid, had some great spots, very funny, also enjoyed the 6 man tag but the highlight of the night had to be Notaro & Jennings taking out a title with the letters DCW stuck onto it.

I should also point out that I noticed some of the former DCW guys like Danny Deans, Mark Savage, the ring annoucer and the ref too, all cheering what was going on in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    Have been told the Main stage show to nite was a brilliant show with a sell out crowd!

Philly the Kid beat Justin Shape in a great opener, match of the night

Hynsie lost to Magma so he challenged him to a hair vs mask match at next show.

Team PWU beat Team MSW when Insano turned on Kazza and laid her out, helping them win.

some guy won the rumble

main event was T&L Vs Notaro & Jennings

Yep I went tonight, really fun show, my first Irish indy show actually.

There were actually 6 matches, not sure of the names of the wrestlers in the match not mentioned in the above report, the heel was a huge guy, long black hair, blue Earthquake like ring-attire, and he pinned the babyface clean, the face was wearing what looked like a black shark-boy mask and came out to the old Hunter Hearst Helmsley theme in some sort of restaurant waiter gimmick. This was the second match of the night.

Couple things I would have booked a bit different;

Philly the Kid/Justin Shape was a decent match, but they teased all the famous finishers like Stunner, Rock Bottom, Attitude Adjustment, 619, but they didn't deliver on any of them. I think if your going to tease all the superstars moves, at least do one of them. The crowd would have gone crazy if Philly delivered that 619.

6-person tag match was good (2 men/1 woman on each team), but the match started with the two divas wrestling each other. The divas were the special attraction in this match so the match should have progressed with the guys wrestling and building up towards the introductions of the two women.

Have to also say that Kasey Owens has a fantastic body. Hope to see her again soon!

Not sure what the story is with DCW, but they did the infamous stunt of dropping a DCW title into a bin. Crowd loved this.

On the positive side, sell out crowd.

On the negative side, there were a group of what looked like about 15 orphan kids causing trouble, throwing bottles into the ring, couple of them crawled under the ring, and more than once a few of them punched and kicked some of the talent when they were walking ringside. The ring crew didn't do much to stop it, they seemed like a right handful though the little buggers. Maybe in the future only let kids in if they are with an adult?

Really liked the show and will try and make the next one with Scotty 2 Hotty next month (think they said it was in Tallaght).

Well done MSW, you just earned yourself a new Irish indy fan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Charisteas wrote: »
    (think they said it was in Tallaght).

Yeah, September 24th at st marks gaa club tallaght.

Glad you enjoyed the show man, between msw/ffpw this weekend msw/nlw next month and the awr tour in october it's a great time to get into the irish scene. Suppose i'll pop up quick results to fill in the blanks

MSW live in inchicore.

1. Philly the kid beat Justin shape
    2. Tom Byrne defeated Mr black
    3. Team pwu (Jdp, owen omega And casey owens) defeated Team Msw (Insano, Brother Skelly And kazza)
    4. Magma beat "Big Bad" Hynesie
    5. Alex x won a battle royale last eliminating lycan
    6. "Big and Dirty" John jennings and johnny notaro with siren defeated Thunder and Lightning by DQ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

I'd just like to throw out a personal thank you to everyone who came along to the Devitt training seminar. It was two awesome days again everyone put their heart and soul into it and I hope everyone got what they were looking for out of it. I'd also like to thank everyone who showed up to the mainstage show and the fight factory gym show respectfully. Great crowds both night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 KaseyRobinson

I would like to give my thanks to all the guys at fight factory and of course fergal devitt for yet another amazing weekend of training, im in so much pain so must have done something right, (note to self dont try a suicide dive :P)

Enjoyed the MSW show and without a doubt the best match of the night for me was Justin Shape vs Philly the Kid, the end spot was a stroke of genius XD

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I wanted to get up to them when Phil had Justin outside and had the kids chop him, wanted to have a go but they went back in quickly, think some kids punched the poor guy hahaha, was funny though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Shadooby wrote: »
    I wanted to get up to them when Phil had Justin outside and had the kids chop him, wanted to have a go but they went back in quickly, think some kids punched the poor guy hahaha, was funny though

Those kids were wrecking my head, some of them were even punching and kicking the women. Got so bad for the blonde haired manager in the main event that she had to stand on the other side of the ring to avoid them.

Yeah I saw that, while I dont mind that with the lads cause I know they can take it, that little ****ed who punched Siren in the face should have got a clatter back, I did see some young girl there drag him out of it.
    Also those loud horn noises, god I cant stand them, I know it adds to the atmosphere but jesus christ it wrecks my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW continued its summer schedule with the big news coming out of the event; Captain Rooney became the 3rd man to capture the Danno O'Mahony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danno_O%27Mahony) Cup in its 4 year history (with The Supermodel & Mandrake (x2) being the other winners).

Cork
    Dan O Mahoney Tournament
    Captain Rooney beat Tat2 Charlie to advance to the final

TJ Meehan defeated Ian Starr

Captain Rooney overcame TJ Meehan to win the tournament

The Supermodel retained his IwW Heavyweight Championship against Mandrake(w/Violet Vendetta UK) & Skaterboi Jeebus

Wexford SELL OUT 180

Captain Rooney beat Tat2 Charlie

Mandrake(w/Violet Vendetta UK) retained his IwW ZG Title against Skaterboi Jeebus

The Supermodel kept his IwW International heavyweight Championship against TJ Meehan

Captain Rooney, TJ Meehan & Skaterboi Jeebus overcame The Supermodel, Mandrake & Tat2 Charlie

Waterford

Mandrake(w/Violet Vendetta UK) retained his IwW ZG Title against Skaterboi Jeebus

The Supermodel kept his IwW International heavyweight Championship against TJ Meehan

Captain Rooney, TJ Meehan & Skaterboi Jeebus overcame The Supermodel, Mandrake & Tat2 Charlie

2yvo3ux.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

IwW continued its summer schedule with the big news coming out of the event; Captain Rooney became the 3rd man to capture the Danno O'Mahony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danno_O%27Mahony) Cup in its 4 year history (with The Supermodel & Mandrake (x2) being the other winners).

Cork
    Dan O Mahoney Tournament
    Captain Rooney beat Tat2 Charlie to advance to the final

TJ Meehan defeated Ian Starr

Captain Rooney overcame TJ Meehan to win the tournament

The Supermodel retained his IwW Heavyweight Championship against Mandrake(w/Violet Vendetta UK) & Skaterboi Jeebus

Wexford SELL OUT 180

Waterford

2yvo3ux.jpg

how come you always just post up 1 or 2 pics? wud love to see loads more from events

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

how come you always just post up 1 or 2 pics? wud love to see loads more from events

It really just depends if we have enough people to help out on the floor, if there was alot of people we would probably put more up but we usually just get the one or two & if we're short of people we don't get any

• Registered Users Posts: 8 That_Chick

Yeah I saw that, while I dont mind that with the lads cause I know they can take it, that little ****ed who punched Siren in the face should have got a clatter back, I did see some young girl there drag him out of it.
    Also those loud horn noises, god I cant stand them, I know it adds to the atmosphere but jesus christ it wrecks my head.

I am ok thank you, But If I ever see that pickey little kid again..I may have to accidently kick him in the face :D

hahaha, working as a heel why didnt you slap the little git!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Everyone involved with FFPW is pleased to announce the return of what many wrestlers and fans called the best show of 2011 so far.

On September 10th in 'The Complex' Smithfield Sq. Dublin. 1. wrestling fans in Ireland will get a second chance to see 'PoetrySlam 2'

The 1st event back in February saw 400 strong pack out the complex to see what the best of Irish Wrestling and Poetry had to give them.

Once again this event is completely 100% over-18's only. No 'boo-yeah' wrestling just fast-paced hardcore action. Plus this event is 'Bring your own beer'.

This the facebook event page...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114463411988585

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

Any fans over 18 really should check out Poetry Slam 2. The first one really was a night to remember back in February. Dunkan Disorderly, Omen, Justin Shape, Danny Butler, Philly The Kid, NLW Champion Sir Paul Tracey and many other top Irish names will be on hand. Don't miss it. BRING YOUR OWN BEER - AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE!!

Date & Time
    Saturday, September 10 · 8:00pm - 11:00pm

LocationThe Complex- Smithfield

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWR has been replaced :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It was awful listening to tonight's edition of "The Wrestling Show". No Mark. Bleak days for Irish wrestling.

Completely missed it, can someone fill me in on it please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

pilot show for new you tube wrestling show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo6g7FPDUJE

d1975 wrote: »
    pilot show for new you tube wrestling show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo6g7FPDUJE

Its interesting, will need some work, better sound, did you say you were going to be called JT? Why not just go with your real name?
    Maybe change the location, not have it like its in the bedroom.
    It is enjoyable though, you should try to extend it to more than 10 minutes, give you more time to cover other companies. Remember there is also ROH and Chikara. Would be good if you covered some irish wrestling too. Hope it works out for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

Shadooby wrote: »
    Its interesting, will need some work, better sound, did you say you were going to be called JT? Why not just go with your real name?
    Maybe change the location, not have it like its in the bedroom.
    It is enjoyable though, you should try to extend it to more than 10 minutes, give you more time to cover other companies. Remember there is also ROH and Chikara. Would be good if you covered some irish wrestling too. Hope it works out for you

Thanks for your comments, I do tend to cover local wrestling soon once I get other people involved

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

I know ppl are prob sick of hearin something bout dcw but for ppl who havent heard,there is going to be 1 last show in the sean o' casey community centre east wall dublin on september 17th. The show is intitled "The Last Stand".

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

3 massive matches are now set for No Limit Wrestling's 'Poetry Slam 2' .

Sean 'Maxer' Brennan Vs. Jordan Devlin

In his first match back in Ireland since his successful tour with Zero-One in Japan, Jordan Devlin will compete against Ireland's wrestler of the year 2010 (as voted for by Boards.ie'ers) and former No Limits Champion Sean 'Maxer Brennan. This is sure to be a wrestling classic.

Dunkan Disorderly Vs. OMEN

These two wrestlers will face off once again at Poetry Slam 2 in what is sure to be another top quality match. Both competitors will want a massive win with the NLW 5th Anniversary show just around the corner in Naas on the 25th of September.

Danny Butler Vs. Justin Shape - DEAL OR NO DEAL MATCH!

In a rematch from Poetry Slam 1, Danny Butler will face Justin Shape in a first for Irish wrestling - 'a deal or no deal match'. The ring will be equipped with 4 red boxes, each over one corner post. The concept is simple each box has a mystery weapon, knock down your opponent, open the box, use the weapon! What will be in store for Butler & shape come the 10th of September.

Theses 3 matches plus
    • 'No Limits' Champion Paul Tracey
    • Bonesaw
    • Phily The Kid
    • Kasey Owens
    • D. Max
    • Luscious Lucy
    • Katey Harvey
    • Andrew Patterson
    • plus many more...
    PoetrySlam 2 is live from 'The Complex' in Smithfield square, Smithfield, Dublin. 1 (opposite Smithfield Luas stop) at 8pm, Saturday the 10th of September.

If you can spread the good word. It's going to be full so get there early. And it's BYOB...all for only €10! Food's on sale too. There'll be Tandoori ovens cooking the best chicken wings you ever chewed on, so don't spoil your appetite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

I know ppl are prob sick of hearin something bout dcw but for ppl who havent heard,there is going to be 1 last show in the sean o' casey community centre east wall dublin on september 17th. The show is intitled "The Last Stand".

No offense, but having a last show is kinda stupid. Knowing the events of its closure > a portion of the roster left a few months ago then pretty much the whole roster left later, the dave long stuff and comments said about him. By workers and others. That everything is officially out there. Now just to have a last show? ... Its probably better to let sleeping dogs lie.

I imagine Dave Long is going to be personally involved aswell. So what would go on? one big "false atmosphere" back stage with everyone? Knowing what was said and done.

Its not like DCW has a big fanbase or anything. In fact what indy has? FFPW dont, MSW dont, IWW dont. Sad reality of indy wrestling. If it aint WWE no-one cares. So its not like "giving one last show for the fans" - sure what fans? ger murphy said it himself. Struggle to draw 100 people. Lets be honest too, out of that 100 people say, what number of people were actually going to all the shows around Dublin DCW had? .. compared to the number of people who only went to see "the wrestling" cause it was in their local area? So theres no big financial motivation then. If DCW was drawing a few hundred on average. hey, why not get another show out of it.

Not to be rude, just to be honest. Whats going to happen on the show then? End with one big "farewell" speech? .. who cares sadly (not saying that in a dickish way) but you think the people who read this thread will attend this last show? Un-bloody-likely with all the "ah couldnt make it tonight lads best of luck" posts we see on here.

Thats only my two cents anyways. I'd just let it be.

Tickets for the 5th Anniversary Show in Naas are moving exceptionally fast. Early booking is advisable. Phone the Moat Box Office on (045) 88 3030 (No Booking Fee) to book or book online at www.MoatTheatre.com (€1 booking fee online).

NLW 5th Anniversary Show, 25/9/11 @ 6.30pm. Tickets €12
    Featuring former WWE Tag Team Champion SCOTTY 2 HOTTY

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING SOON! Watch this space

No Limit Wrestling has teamed up with Main Stage Wrestling to bring fans a huge Super-Show on Sunday, October 9th at Good Counsel GAA Club, Davitt Road, Dublin 12.

This show will feature top stars from both NLW and MSW along with former WWE, TNA and ECW Superstar RHINO!!!!!! To pre-buy tickets call 0857496810

rhino.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

3matches announced for DCW's last show

DCW Heavyweight Championship Match
    Irish Dragon (c) v Ballymun Bruiser

LA Warren v Working Class John

The Great Pierre v Danny "The Pain" Deans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

3matches announced for DCW's last show

DCW Heavyweight Championship Match
    Irish Dragon (c) v Ballymun Bruiser