Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, saw that on Instagram, very interested in it and I hope I'll be able to head to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone at Courage Wrestling last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

Phoenix Wrestling - Tales from Parts Unknown last night. Really great show once again. Billy Bedlam hosted and was full of energy and was announced to be fighting Bruiser at the next Cork show, I believe in December.

Armstrongs and J-Money vs Collar & Elbow w/ Debbie Keitel was absolutely hilarious, really well booked match. The APA stuff was top notch. They also had a new episode of Total Armstrongs, the first since Phoenix started and it was brilliant, had some great winks to CCW and some more behind the scenes stuff that were great.

Bingo Ballance debuted after answering Michael May's challenge, lost but it was a good match. MTH tormented Steve Savage who is out with injury and took on Matt Skyler from Flight Mode and Fabulous Nicky in a really great match, Skyler was over as f*&k. Main event of Terry Thatcher and Ricky Graham was a great finisher too. Jody Fleisch and Sean Guinness had a strong match too, looked like a stiff one. Raven v Amy Allonsy v Katey Harvey showed a lot of promise for the women's division, Amy's role in the match was entertaining with Raven trying to motivate her to get mean.

They also announced a Women's Title and I might have the name wrong but it was something along the lines of the Empress title.
    Anyway great show from top to bottom, looking forward to the next Cork show and I believe they have a show next month too in Munster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Anyone at Courage Wrestling last night?

Decent show, crowd was a it dead, not sure the Wright venue has the (w)right layout for wrestling TBH, too many nooks and crannies. A lot of the wrestlers did their best but there's only so many slow claps you can start before people get annoyed. Brand spanking new ring, but the middle rope was distractingly loose for most of the show, to the point of it being worrying at times.

Renfrew, Rock Shandy, Jetta and Ninten-bro were all very good. Nintenbro clearly brought a load of his mates and his girlfriend to the show (as she kept shouting about that being her man) so the crowd came up a lot for that match, but then they pissed off again after his match which killed the momentum for the girls in the semi main.

Nice to see Paul London in person, no Shooting Star Press but a fun match to watch. Women's four waywas fun too, nice mix of comedy and a monster German girl who was very cool to watch.

Definitely going the 17th to see PAC at his first European show but if I were them I'd put a major shift in on marketing the event to the right crowd, all ages at 7PM is a bad idea. (Also, a serious amount of swearing from the wrestlers for an all-ages show which, if I'd brought my kids, I'd be annoyed at)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

brianblaze wrote: »
    Decent show, crowd was a it dead, not sure the Wright venue has the (w)right layout for wrestling TBH, too many nooks and crannies. A lot of the wrestlers did their best but there's only so many slow claps you can start before people get annoyed. Brand spanking new ring, but the middle rope was distractingly loose for most of the show, to the point of it being worrying at times.

Renfrew, Rock Shandy, Jetta and Ninten-bro were all very good. Nintenbro clearly brought a load of his mates and his girlfriend to the show (as she kept shouting about that being her man) so the crowd came up a lot for that match, but then they pissed off again after his match which killed the momentum for the girls in the semi main.

Nice to see Paul London in person, no Shooting Star Press but a fun match to watch. Women's four waywas fun too, nice mix of comedy and a monster German girl who was very cool to watch.

Definitely going the 17th to see PAC at his first European show but if I were them I'd put a major shift in on marketing the event to the right crowd, all ages at 7PM is a bad idea. (Also, a serious amount of swearing from the wrestlers for an all-ages show which, if I'd brought my kids, I'd be annoyed at)

J-Money is booked for this show now too.

oneilla wrote: »
    J-Money is booked for this show now too.

He was announced on the last show too, looking like they're putting the effort in!

brianblaze wrote: »

Just noticed that the show on Saturday is an over 15's show? Very interested to see how they do a Death Match for a sho admitting over 15's

Those lightubes used at the anniversary show looked different to lightubes normally used in death matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Who would complain about it? If your 15-year kid is into wrestling they probably since worst just watching wrestling stuff on youtube.

Who would complain about it? If your 15-year kid is into wrestling they probably since worst just watching wrestling stuff on youtube.

Big difference seeing something on a screen vs real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

thats why belfast shows are poorly attended and they bus fans up from dublin, they do all ages shows, and they arent great

montyrebel wrote: »
    thats why belfast shows are poorly attended and they bus fans up from dublin, they do all ages shows, and they arent great

I've been to a few Contenders shows, and I feel like a hobo drinking my beer amongst all the families. I still enjoy it, but just not the same 'rowdy' Tivoli/ Stadium atmosphere.

First time in Suir Road for me this week so we shall see how that translates.

I always wonder why nobody tries running the Academy? Seems to be laid out perfectly for wrestling? (Like ICW did back a few years ago )

Phoenix posted their whole show, Tales from Parts Unknown up for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNx2Pco5t8

Well worth a watch, it was a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

And OTT are just after putting the WALTER Ospreay match on YouTube for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    And OTT are just after putting the WALTER Ospreay match on YouTube for free.

good match

OTT announce the day before Redemption that Tyler Bate & Trent Seven have Scheduling issues and won't be on the show...

Jesus announcing the day before seems kinda sketchy

Phoenix announced a show for Limerick at Dolan's on the 24th called Is it Politically Correct to Shout Suck It
    Loving the names of these shows so far.
    They're also doing a free gym on Sunday at 4a Patrick's Mill, Douglas, Cork at 3pm. They are accepting donations though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Seems to be an re-occuring thing with Trent and Tyler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Meltzer at a stadium show next year.

He’s touting OTT big style and rightly so. I can’t make it tonight but they really have had an amazing 2018. Every show they’ve had has been nothing less than 4 star.

Great show last night, crowd was mental for it. MTH v Aussie Open & Travis Banks was a fantastic opener. Dan Barry was treated like Hulk Hogan in the 80's by everyone!

Angel Jimmy was a great deathmatch, nothing too crazy but lots of nice spots in it.

https://twitter.com/BrobotWars/status/1061369618202267648

The crowd was MENTAL for Devlin & Starr v Ringkampf. Great finish, place went wild, no spoilers but get the VOD if you weren't there.

Scotty Davis continues to be the most impressive Irish talent on the rise at the moment, would be very surprised if he's not in Japan in a year or two burning it up!

Bryan and Vinny also just reviewed Walter vs Ospreay on their Sunday night NWA review show.

Must be bitter sweet for Dom, one of his last times calling a match and he gets the big ups from Dave!

(Couple of lads behind me on Saturday thought he was off to work for New Japan!)

Dave went further on WOR putting the announcers over huge. Was that him up in a booth overlooking the ring that night?

enjoyed the show bar the justy vs b-cool segment which I thought was dreadful and too long.
    crowd was electric as soon as Devlin and Walter were in the ring together, it will be great if they
    do the rematch In the stadium.

no location given for the February show.

There's still front row tickets for the Courage wrestling show on Saturday. I'd imagine they'd need a good crowd to pat for PAC. It being his first Euro date post-wwe I'd say his price is substantial

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Is there any word on if The Arena is going to be the home for OTT moving onwards? The Christmas contenders show and one in Belfast is all they have announced as coming up in the future. I've missed the last two big shows (Fourth Anniversary & Redemption) due to starting a new job on shift and itching for more.

• Advertisement

Is there any word on if The Arena is going to be the home for OTT moving onwards? The Christmas contenders show and one in Belfast is all they have announced as coming up in the future. I've missed the last two big shows (Fourth Anniversary & Redemption) due to starting a new job on shift and itching for more.

hopefully not wouldn't be a big fan of the red line luas.

Advertisement