Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I would love to know why they don't try the Academy, It's not expensive to rent the building. (I helped organise a corporate event there a few years ago!)

JayKHunter and the lads were there, how was it as a show Jay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

brianblaze wrote: »
    JayKHunter and the lads were there, how was it as a show Jay?

I really enjoyed it but i think most of that was the crowd (they had a lot of people knowing the chants), the show itself was fun but nothing incredible. I do like the Academy as a venue and if you're interested in OTT or any wrestling house shows around deffo give it whirl. A pint in and live wrestling is always good craic.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it but i think most of that was the crowd (they had a lot of people knowing the chants), the show itself was fun but nothing incredible. I do like the Academy as a venue and if you're interested in OTT or any wrestling house shows around deffo give it whirl. A pint in and live wrestling is always good craic.

I love the OTT shows, absolutely best night out in Dublin, but just wondered if as a venue that's a better option. Transport and location are spot on and it's a great shape for wrestling.

Maybe capacity is too low?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

brianblaze wrote:
    Maybe capacity is too low?

I think the fact that OTT run their shows on a Saturday night is the main issue with the Academy. It's a really busy venue for live gigs and also a resident club night on in there every Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Can honestly say I wasn't expecting that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

"echo chamber". Anyone who uses that phrase is zero craic.

I think the fact that OTT run their shows on a Saturday night is the main issue with the Academy. It's a really busy venue for live gigs and also a resident club night on in there every Saturday night.

Maybe that's it then. Ahh well, truly think that building is the perfect 'shape' for wrestling.

'The Arena' is a bit flat is my only issue, and obviously it's not the best location if you're haivng to get a LUAS and a bus like some folk who don't drive or want to booze. (Although looking at the auld wans looking through the window from the club bar last weekend was hilarious. During the Main Event they were all glued to the window!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Academy would also likely cost more to run. The OTT Twitter has fielded questions on venues and it seems that they're having difficulty finding a replacement for Tivoli.

Ringside club is decent but too small for regular shows I'd imagine, National Stadium is too big.

There really is no decent middle ground like the Tivoli with tiered areas for better viewing, central location and decent transport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

I wonder why the next OTT show is on a Sunday.

• Advertisement

Ringside shows are always Sunday, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Academy far too small, ICW ran years ago and it just didnt work

they may end up taking over a bigger hotel function room type thing. Like the boxing/darts in citywest, but easier to get to

Ringside shows are always Sunday, no?

the main show in February brother.

showpony1 wrote: »
    I wonder why the next OTT show is on a Sunday.
    showpony1 wrote: »
    the main show in February brother.

Ahh, I thought you meant the next show, as in the next show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone at Courage Wrestling?

Heard nothing so far, few vids on Twitter. PAC brought his A game for sure it seems

Main Event up on the YouTubes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anybody else heading to the Phoenix Wrestling show in Limerick tonight? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Was at the first half of Courage Wrestling last Saturday.

The vibe is so off for the show. You go into this night club with dark and grungy vibe and then there kids running around the place.

At least in the first half only one Baby-face won a match.
    Jenni? I think that was her name came out cut a heel promo, used a weapon and cheated to win against the Alpha Female. I don't even recall the Alpha Female getting any moves in.

Some guy Andy Deal did a thing where he walked around the crowd trying to start a fight, he picked on a women who slapped him back (Obvs a plant) but then a "security guard" came in to defend her honor. The guard got the crap kicked out of him.

The only guy who appealed to kids, was some guy in red who was doing some Lighting McQueen gimmick. He lost his match.

What I'm saying if your doing an all ages show, you do need to appeal to the kids. Not having all the heels win.

This is was very much an indie show for older indie fans. It needs to be a least over 15. I know someone who won't go because of the "all ages" tag and I'm sure there parents who are not keen to bring there kids to a nightclub. There a lot of emphasis on drinking in the nightclub, lots of signs for deals on drinks, not really the type of thing kids should be around.

The venue is not great. Hard to get a vibe going. The standing thing is a joke. There is a two giant pillars blocking the view on the left/right handed side. The top side is used for the entrance ramp and the bottom is where the seated area is, so you can't really stand there as your blocking people view.

A guy walked in with four kids. He had general admission tickets. So he took turn putting the kids on his shoulder so they could see. Fair play to the people running it got the kids into one of the booths, the people seem happy enough to share with kids but again it's the type of thing that would put you off either as the parent or the people who paid for a booth.

I don't think I go back again. I left at the break (Fair enough I had free tickets). If they change the venue and had a clear direction think the lads could be on to a winner. But fair play to them and hopefully it works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Just read on Reddit that WWE have given a majority of NXT UK talent new contracts, hoping it doesn't affect Devlin with OTT

• Advertisement

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Just read on Reddit that WWE have given a majority of NXT UK talent new contracts, hoping it doesn't affect Devlin with OTT

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Devlin1/status/1067177120198270978

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Current OTT Champion WALTER has signed for WWE in the last couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Omackeral wrote: »

Cant wait to see him and Killian Dain join forces and be the next big funky dancing jobber guys.

Omackeral wrote: »

I guess that's a NXT UK contract, not a NXT US one, he's said he doesn't want to move to the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Main Event up on the YouTubes

You'd think Neville's return would be a bigger deal. Not much of a draw really, I didn't even consider going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

You'd think Neville's return would be a bigger deal. Not much of a draw really, I didn't even consider going.

i really like him as a wrestler but hes not the type of guy that is the reason to make me go to a show

sky88 wrote: »
    i really like him as a wrestler but hes not the type of guy that is the reason to make me go to a show

better tell joey cabray for February

In fairness, with better promotion of his appearance it might have been better attended.

All due respect to the dudes in Courage, but creating buzz is very important when you're starting up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I never heard of Courage Wrestling till today, they would probably want to start promoting themselves alot more, judging by the size of the crowd in that youtube video.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Advertisement