Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

brianblaze wrote: »
    But can we complain about complaining about complaining?
    I insist that you do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Basketball Arena is such a pain to get to on a regular basis, takes quite a while to get out from town to there. At least there's somewhere as a stopgap.

They said the basketball won't be the regular arena going forward but might used again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Went to Courage Wrestling again Saturday in Swords, I got free tickets.

They seem to be giving out a lot of free tickets and when you walked in you saw why. I say the crowd was about half for the last show with Pac.

We kick off with J-Money, cutting a promo in weird american accent. His was talking about Spike Trivet buying half of J-Money inc. Because of this Spike picked J-Money opponent and visa versa. Why? I have no idea.

Spike picked a guy I think was called Dirty Dragon?. He cut a promo too in a weird american accent. The match was ok, but dirty dragon needs to pull his pants up.

After that Spike came out, called everyone stupid and said he hates J-Money (Why buy half his company then?). J- Money picked Demerti for him who was on the last show.
    Demerti dived from the bar into the ring and did a diamond cutter on Spike. But Spike won the match clean. Go heels.

Then Andy Deal came out again. Last month he did his open challenge. He calls someone out no one accepts and then walks around the crowd picking on people. Then tries it with a women, she slaps him and the guy comes out to defend her honor. Andy then beats this guy up.

This month was the same but worst. Andy puts his hands on the women and draged her into the ring before the big "save". Again he beat the guy who came out to save the women. I forget his name.

The problem again, this is an all ages show. There were kids here. So Andy tries it on with the woman in a very creepy way and uses violence when he doesn't get what he wants. All for him to win his match clean. It's a very odd message to send to kids.

Charlie Morgan won her match against Laura. Clean. Three heels in a row.

Then there was five way cluster match. Some guy called Billy Bedlam came out doing the "Crazy" guy gimmick. Mad Mad Manson he was not.

They have a giant video wall where all the wrestlers video play as they enter the ring.
    Billy Bedlam has a animated video with him in a padded room in a mental home. Then a nurse comes in and beats Billy. It then goes to Billy still in the padded cell drawing on the wall using his own feces and eating it. Then the nurse comes in a kills him. Great video for the kids in the crowd.

The match was awful. The run in at the end was given away as we saw the two giant lads get into position at the side of the ring before the match started.

Before the break they showed a video for the next show. It's on Feb 23 in the Button Factory
    (I assume their new home). They have Bobby Guns, Avalanche and I could not make out the last name. A small "City Centre" chant broke out.

I left at the break, no idea how the second half went. Hopefully the move to the button factory will end them trying to be an "All ages" company. Noting here is for the kids.
    Hopefully they can get some clear direction. There is still no belt for either the man or the woman to wrestle over. Maybe even do something like Progress did at the start and have the Championship Staff. Just to make things a bit different.

Best of luck to them, think being in the city centre will get more people in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Courage doesn't sound too inspiring by the sounds of it!

I'd agree on some of the adult stuff, I've seen that Billy Bedlam video a while back but your description of it makes it sound even worse especially when there's kids around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

This is the tron in question or at least the one he uses for Phoenix Wrestling.
    Idk if it's that bad or at least kids during the attitude era were exposed to worse. Then again I'm not a parent and this is the second time that someone has complained about the content of the kid's show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

How long do you all think Courage will last?

Phoenix announced the rough dates and locations of their shows up to July, pretty full schedule.
    DwAzbUfWoAAAHuX.jpg:small

They also announced the name of their next show, 28 Weeks Later. It's apparently 28 weeks after their debut show and will have the Kings of the North on the card.
    DwEDhNPXcAEojcf.jpg:small

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Spotted that on Instagram earlier. Delighted to see they're planning 2 more dates in Limerick in the near future. Looks like a few of the Phoenix and OTT guys have started a new podcast as well.

Yeah I was listening to the Phoenix guys (Matt Skyler, Billy Bedlam and Marion Armstrong), their podcast is called the Not A Bother podcast. Enjoying it, not really wrestling related which I actually prefer as a change of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Chances of any of the AEW lads coming to the March OTT show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Chances of any of the AEW lads coming to the March OTT show?

After what Cody said about Joe and Foxy? (And what Jordan said!)

(And OTT's ties to WWE!)

No loss, Cody came across as a real tool there

(And OTT's ties to WWE!)

Meh, he said she said nonsense.

Cody would be a loss, to say it's no loss is madness. The WWE thing is a problem alright which is a shame. They would be far better off doing a deal with AEW instead.

Damn, what happened to Katey Harvey?

Cody would be a loss, to say it's no loss is madness. The WWE thing is a problem alright which is a shame. They would be far better off doing a deal with AEW instead.

No, that is legitimately what Cody said...

AEW aren't doing deals, they are a startup. OTT are in a sweet spot with NXT:UK lads allowed on the show, which is the bulk of the lads normally used.

I'll take a Walter match over any of the AEW main lads any day. But that's just me, we all have our own favourites. That's how wrestling works

Kenny and the Bucks would sell out pretty quick though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Why do you think they would be better off soing a deal with AEW?

Jordon, Walter, British Strong Style, Gibson, Webster , coffey and mastiff are all people sigmed to wwe that have been used at ott shows, and will be based in the uk....they probably have alot more exposure also.

If AEW do end up with am agreement with roh or njpw that might restrict the likes of osprey, zsj, ishi etc but for now id say the wwe affiliation is alot more valuable.

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts

AEW have bigger stars, NXT UK guys are good but they're never doing sellouts in Dublin. Jericho, Kenny, Bucks and whoever else would though. The Bucks are very big on giving indies the rub. Apart from letting a few lads wrestle on shows, WWE agreement is nothing else. AEW could give big exposure on TV where WWE is never mentioning OTT on television at that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

(And OTT's ties to WWE!)

That promo really turned me off Cody; it went on forrrreeeeever.

AEW have bigger stars, NXT UK guys are good but they're never doing sellouts in Dublin. Jericho, Kenny, Bucks and whoever else would though. The Bucks are very big on giving indies the rub. Apart from letting a few lads wrestle on shows, WWE agreement is nothing else. AEW could give big exposure on TV where WWE is never mentioning OTT on television at that level.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f756c77412d714c684b49356c38513d3d2d3434393931343730322e313464663632626664393765386131393330303639303130343936342e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720

• Advertisement

?

?

Jordan is the biggest star in OTT at the moment, and is homegrown? They stop working with WWE then they lose Jordan.

As it is, AEW are essntially just another company, not like WWE. They are contracting certain talent, but not to exclusive deals. I don't see a day where they tell their talent not to work a show becasue that company has ties to WWE.

True, no doubt he's the star, as he should be. I have no doubt whatsoever WWE will put the kaboosh on their lads working anywhere near AEW lads on indie shows. So it's whether the UK NXT talent is worth losing big name guys over. If and when the AEW/NJPW deal happens, there'll be no more LIJ and the lads in OTT. WWE will not have it.

True, no doubt he's the star, as he should be. I have no doubt whatsoever WWE will put the kaboosh on their lads working anywhere near AEW lads on indie shows. So it's whether the UK NXT talent is worth losing big name guys over. If and when the AEW/NJPW deal happens, there'll be no more LIJ and the lads in OTT. WWE will not have it.

I'd imagine the current and future plans are only for WWE lads to work with WWE lads/ non signed tlanet, and the same for AEW lads.

Again, the NXT;UK lads like Gibson, Dunne, Andrews, Banks have been in OTT many times and are for more valuable to the company having the option to bring in than the odd LIJ, Cody/Bucks cameo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Isnt wwe thing more nxt guys won't go up against the non wwe guys so ott will still bring in outside they justbwont face wwe guys.

That looks so bad for katey injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

how did kateys injury even happen, terrible outcome, wish her a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Seems it was a really bad bump at OTT Contenders on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone purchase Scrappermania tickets? Got block a row l.....just what automatically came up. Hopefully they are ok seats, was in stalls before and they were great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

The Event page says "Ireland vs the World" for Scrappermania,
    which workers do you think we are getting?
    Hopefully something more imaginative than Suzuki/Ishi.
    Hopefully they can get Peter Dunne for it.

• Advertisement

World Cup to determine the best in the world?

Advertisement