Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Some of the videos courage have put up have been a bit unremarkable, when trying to create a professional looking product and then having wrestlers recording promos on their phone lools a bit sub par.

A recent video with a guy called Bobby Gunns, really stood out as a particulary bad one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Sirsok wrote: »
    Some of the videos courage have put up have been a bit unremarkable, when trying to create a professional looking product and then having wrestlers recording promos on their phone lools a bit sub par.

A recent video with a guy called Bobby Gunns, really stood out as a particulary bad one

They don't have a central school where wrestlers can record promos from on a decent camera, so it's more of a needs must type thing!

And I made this one, so that's something

https://twitter.com/CourageWrestlin/status/1080938908102340615

brianblaze wrote: »
    They don't have a central school where wrestlers can record promos from on a decent camera, so it's more of a needs must type thing!

And I made this one, so that's something

https://twitter.com/CourageWrestlin/status/1080938908102340615

nice video man,we made this ourselves in 2017 when starting out. Shot, wrote and edited.

Dying to know what crooked gentleman use to get the great shots they have been doing for OTT

nice video man,we made this ourselves in 2017 when starting out. Shot, wrote and edited.

Dying to know what crooked gentleman use to get the great shots they have been doing for OTT

Shoots solo with a GH5 from what I've seen. Love his stuff.

Also great vid! Nicely done! Hoping to get a chance to shoot more stuff this year for wrestling. The lads at GG let me tag along for the swords Christmas show and shoot. If I'm going to be at a show, may as well bring a camera!

his shots are amzing cant beat having a natural eye for it!

Thanks dude, if you are ever about kilkenny give us me a shout, we have been operating for over a year in kilkenny doing some nice stuff, short films etc....so go give me a shout if you are down this side of country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

Just back from Phoenix Wrestling: 28 Weeks Later in the Kino, Cork.

Great show overall, gonna give a write-up (sorry for the length) here but definitely check it out when it goes up on VOD, lots of great stories teased. They're doing a great job with long term storytelling. Although I feel like the crowd were either a bit sober or a bit shy at the start and were a little quiet.

Kings of the North def. Flippin' Sexy (Matt Skyler & Fabulous Nicky)
    Good match but again they deserved better from the crowd. Skyler got absolutely murdered by the Kings. Great showing from all parties but KOTN looked like monsters.

Alexander Dean def. Billy Bedlam, J-Money and Bruiser
    One of the best on the card, brawl in the crowd was intense and vicious looking. Interesting developments though. Basically Dean fought J-Money and Bruiser fought Bedlam. Things were very tense between Bedlam and Bruiser. Bedlam laid into him and told him he was being paid to do a job and to sell etc. Bruiser stormed out mid-match. Dean pinned Bedlam and quicky walked out seemingly pissed without having his arm raised. Think this is important for later. Getting a sort of worked shoot about Phoenix being poorly run maybe?

Amy Allonsy def. Anita Vaughan
    Match was meant to be against Katey Harvey but of course she was injured so Amy rejected a by to the next round of the Empress tournament. Offered to fight anyone willing which was answered by Anita Vaughan, in her debut on the main shows. She had previously done gym shows but despite the mic leaving her down once or twice was immediately hated by the crowd. She's a real bitchy, entitled heel, great stuff! Amy won, good showing!

The Armstrongs def. Rough Stuff
    Story going into this was that they'd fought in multiple promotions around Ireland and the Armstrongs always came up short. Very good match, lots of great back and forth and a more sporting affair but very entertaining. However the ending was what people will be talking about.
    So at the end of the match while The Armstrongs were celebrating Alexander Dean came out and got onto the apron. After this Butch turned on Marian Armstrong and attacked him viciously, Marion told him they could forget this and talk about it in the back. The beat down continued with Butch saying this was his country (as opposed to Armstrong country), they went so far as to take all the Armstrong merch from the merch table and toss them out to the crowd. Bedlam came into save Marion and Dean and Butch walked off together.
    Seems like they might be planting the seed for a stable of wrestlers sick of Phoenix Management (Bedlam and Marion) made up of Brusier, Dean and Butch at least. Or maybe I'm crazy and imagining all this.

Debbie Kietel & Justy def. Raven Creed & Steve Savage
    Stipulation here being that if Raven lost Debbie gets her place in the Empress tournament to crown a champion. Justy was hilarious as always, Debbie and Raven tore into each other and there was lots of intergender shenanigans and heel antics. Steve Savage went down with a knee injury leaving Raven to fight them alone. Basically ganged up on by the two of them she was pinned by Debbie. Raven was furious and asked Foxy to get Debbie back out here, she attacked a crew member and stormed out.

Michael May's Big Win Mick Big Win Open Challenge answered by B-Cool
    Tony Kelly bigged up Mick and had the crowd in the palm of his hand being a prick. B-Cool had him pinned but Kelly distracted the ref, allowing for a low blow to give Michael May the win, he's undefeated with his open challenges.

MAIN EVENT- Terry Thatcher def. Ricky Graham
    Outstanding main event. Last man standing match, this show was the 6 month anniversary of Phoenix and this rivalry began at the first show, as I said they've done great work with long-term storytelling and keeping it fresh. Ricky looked like a total silent psychopath, all black-gear, gumshield it was great. Some great spots in the match, Thatcher did a springboard moonsault on the outside which was amazing. Kendo sticks, Chairs and some stiff looking shots. Really great match definitely looks like the end of the rivalry.

Again apologies for the long write-up but definitely deserves it. Recommend checking it out on the VOD when it goes up, not a bad match on the card IMO. Lots of interesting stories brewing, next show is in Limerick on Paddy's Day.

his shots are amzing cant beat having a natural eye for it!

Thanks dude, if you are ever about kilkenny give us me a shout, we have been operating for over a year in kilkenny doing some nice stuff, short films etc....so go give me a shout if you are down this side of country

I'm shooting in Kilkenny tomorrow! Ha. Nothing exciting but a full day in the sticks down there

I'm shooting in Kilkenny tomorrow! Ha. Nothing exciting but a full day in the sticks down there

Mind out for the production companies gang wars going on! Its like wwe 97 with amount of production factions down here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Great write up Pott. What's the story with drink in the Kino now? BYOB still in effect or have they added a bar?

Great write up Pott. What's the story with drink in the Kino now? BYOB still in effect or have they added a bar?

Cheers, no don't think anywhere in Cork can do BYOB now at least that's what I heard.

There is a bar in the Kino now though so it's not too bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

Dan Barry is the lead announcement for scrappermania - Jesus wept.

showpony1 wrote: »

Dude was over as all hell last time! Card is stacked anyway, going to be amazing

Mind out for the production companies gang wars going on! Its like wwe 97 with amount of production factions down here.

There will more than likely be a folding chair around somewhere... I'll keep my eyes open

Dude was over as all hell last time! Card is stacked anyway, going to be amazing

Whose on the stacked card bar the main event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Lead announcement if you ignore the fact that WALTER, David Starr, Jordan Devlin and Will Ospreay have all been confirmed for the show too.

Anyway what's wrong with Dan being announced? He's incredibly over with the OTT audience and getting him in for a card that's slated as OTT vs The World seems a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Just got tickets for scrappermania anyone know who is on the card or has it been finalised yet?

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Lead announcement if you ignore the fact that WALTER, David Starr, Jordan Devlin and Will Ospreay have all been confirmed for the show too.

Anyway what's wrong with Dan being announced? He's incredibly over with the OTT audience and getting him in for a card that's slated as OTT vs The World seems a no brainer.

Osprey wasn't announced not sure where getting that one. There is no "stacked card" yet. just our main event partially confirmed.

I obviously know there will be names announced - I am allowed to be underwhelmed by Daniel Barry being the first announcement for the biggest show of the year. I do hope the crowd show Dan respect & not try to put themselves over for his whole match.

Was expecting an LIJ, Young Bucks, Omega sized announcement for Scrappermania. Most likely the line-up gets announced at Homecoming 2.
    (that type of announcement I know it won't be them specifically!)

I think the big "names" for these type of shows might be harder to come by in this era with NXT/WWE UK/AEW unless all from NJPW. So probably more likely to get Speedball, Ishi, Suzuki, ZSJ etc. than anything we haven't seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Osprey wasn't announced not sure where getting that one. There is no "stacked card" yet. just our main event partially confirmed.

I obviously know there will be names announced - I am allowed to be underwhelmed by Daniel Barry being the first announcement for the biggest show of the year. I do hope the crowd show Dan respect & not try to put themselves over for his whole match.

Was expecting an LIJ, Young Bucks, Omega sized announcement for Scrappermania. Most likely the line-up gets announced at Homecoming 2.

I think the big "names" for these type of shows might be harder to come by in this era with NXT/WWE UK/AEW unless all from NJPW. So probably more likely to get Speedball, Ishi, Suzuki, ZSJ etc. than anything we haven't seen before.

Ospreay has been on the ScrapperMania posters for weeks now. Just a couple of minutes ago the OTT twitter account tweeted a picture of said poster for the umpteenth time, have a gander for yourself.

You can be underwhelmed all you like but you also come across as incredibly spoilt. Having a moan about OTT bringing in a guy from America who is insanely popular with their audience, all because you didn't like their chants when he was here previously. Show Dan respect is a good one from you. This is a guy that was going to retire in 2018 but he was so overwhelmed by the reception he gets in OTT that it has reignited his love of wrestling. But yes lets hope he gets shown respect.

As for names, being that the show is OTT vs The World and Will Ospreay, David Starr and Dan Barry have already been confirmed I'd look for the likes of a Meiko Satomura or Kay Lee Ray on the female side. Tim Thatcher is a regular at this point so I imagine he'll be on the show too. The Lucha Bros are in Europe the weekend before Scrapper so they could be a possibility too.

Walter and Devlin deliver every time, Starr too. I think if you see Foley/ AEW guys as stacking the card that's a bit skewed.

I'll take all the top Irish talent and one or two imports who will actually work with local lads as opposed to just themselves/ people their comfortable with. Knowing that its OTT v The World means it's going to be a load of stuff we've never seen.

Stacked to me is the Kings, Scotty Davis, MTH, Martina, Devlin, Guinness, Cruz & B Cool vs whoever comes in! (Lucha Bros/ Gibson/ Pete Dunne)

I'm sure there'll be another big name or two announced but honestly, I was on board when I saw Ospreay, Walter and Devlin.

Also Dan Barry will be awesome, as always. Don't know how anyone saw him last time and his reaction to the crowd and not just love the chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Ended their agreement with O'Neill's. I'd say he has a multi million deal set up with Adidas ðŸ‘ðŸ»

https://twitter.com/Luther__Ward/status/1093094544864878594?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

https://twitter.com/CowboyJimWest/status/1093097382735200257

First reply to that tweet had me lol'ing.

A brand slapped on the mat like the CMLL Corona deal being seen in every GIF/ video OTT make that ends up going around the world would make sense for someone. Maybe not PP but maybe someone

https://twitter.com/Luther__Ward/status/1092736787531919362?s=19

Hi Joe! ;)

Raven was furious and asked Foxy to get Debbie back out here, she attacked a crew member and stormed out.
    Phoenix have suspended Raven Creed for a show for this meaning she won't be at the Limerick show, F*&k off Snakes on Paddy's Day

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Savage. beats anything wwe have done in years

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

cian68 wrote: »

There are no words to describe unreal that is

There are no words to describe unreal that is

With the miniscule budget he has compared to WWE, this dude made literally the best promo video I have ever seen in my 28 years of watching wrestling. Blows everything out of the water. I've watched it like 5 times and each time it's better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

just wait until HHH sees that and then pulls devlin off the show and the match wont get to take place

• Advertisement

montyrebel wrote: »
    just wait until HHH sees that and then pulls devlin off the show and the match wont get to take place

Or gives Shaun Ryan a call

Advertisement