Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

OTT Scrappermania Doc in the works!

https://www.gofundme.com/this-is-ott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

brianblaze wrote: »
    OTT Scrappermania Doc in the works!

https://www.gofundme.com/this-is-ott

interesting to see the finances of OTT if €1k isn't in the budget for a documentary that would surely create a lot of interest for them?

showpony1 wrote: »
    interesting to see the finances of OTT if €1k isn't in the budget for a documentary that would surely create a lot of interest for them?

I'd imagine the low figure is because Shaun is such a humble guy, this will take hundreds and hundreds of hours of work

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fair play to getting 1700 already which im guessing will keep climbing. Havent been to an OTT show yet but his promo videos are outstanding

Stretch goal for a Walter Devlin doc too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So, just realised Billy Corgan is in Ireland in June on his tour...

Odds of an OTT show the day before/ after with a special guest?

https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/billy-corgan/

i saw on instagram that Jordan is currently at the Performance Center in Orlando.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

got tickets to the OTT show on the 21st. National Stadium, will there be a bar?

D.Q wrote: »
    got tickets to the OTT show on the 21st. National Stadium, will there be a bar?

Yes, bottle bar only i think.

• Advertisement

Yes, bottle bar only i think.

Yep. 3 beers for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

Anyone go to the Phoenix show in Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A random question... What wrestling schools are there in Ireland at the moment? I heard OTT opened there's and main stage got rid of theirs. So it's just ott and CCW in Ireland these days?

Cheers.

CCW are gone, Phoenix is the wrestling school in Cork now.

There's also Fight Factory and The School of Irish Wrestling, think that's OTT operated.

Think those are the 3.

https://twitter.com/combatzone/status/1115434154026459136

Martina continues to take over the Indy scene

Serious Card in the Kino Friday, looking forward to it myself. Anyone going?
    D4SriXWXkAAM_oh.jpg:large

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ThePott wrote: »
    Serious Card in the Kino Friday, looking forward to it myself. Anyone going?

I'll be there with my GF and 2 friends (who we met for the first time at the last Limerick show :pac: ) so come over and say hi if you're anywhere near the seated tickets.

Well that's pretty class haha.

I'm a pleb will be standing :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ThePott wrote: »
    Well that's pretty class haha.

I'm a pleb will be standing :p

Busy in the Kino tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Busy in the Kino tonight!

Great turnout and a great show. Present Bill Eaver is awesome. WHAT DAY IS TODAY, SAUSAGE?

• Advertisement

Yeah fantastic turnout for it and it was a brilliant show too.
    Crowd were very into it as well which was fantastic.

Excited for the next Kino show already.

Seems like Phoenix have changed things up with their schedule. Next show was going to be in Limerick.

Now it looks like their show is going to be called The Battle of the Bastards on May 25th in Cork. It's BYOB too so probably not on in the Kino. Tickets on sale tomorrow with some more details then I'd imagine.

Pac?

missing monthly OTT shows.
    it's a pity even the next one Wrestlerama isn't in stadium to have beers at it.

missing monthly OTT shows.
    it's a pity even the next one Wrestlerama isn't in stadium to have beers at it.

The venue crisis is real

School of Irish Wrestling are running shows, not sure what the deal is with them but it basically seems like OTT with some of the talent.

The Phoenix show is gonna be at the Circus Factory where they did the pop-up show. Was great craic last time so reckon with the BYOB and more time it wil be a kick ass show!

https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1126159300374814722

August 25th Neptune Stadium Cork :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

This is the same company that got very pissy about a newly established company running in Dublin who are now going down the country to challenge another recently established company.
    OTT can do no wrong in the eyes of their loyal neckbeard Twitter army.

This is the same company that got very pissy about a newly established company running in Dublin who are now going down the country to challenge another recently established company.
    OTT can do no wrong in the eyes of their loyal neckbeard Twitter army.

I think I follow :pac:
    Don't think anyone should ever be immune to criticism, I'm excited for an OTT show in my home county but they certainly do throw their weight around with no real competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

That's the kind of attitude you want in business, your competitors are the ones that can potentially take food off your plate. I am by no means an OTT diehard, but from a business perspective if someone set up in my backyard and we compete for the same business, I'd be pissed but I'd want to prove why my product is better.

Sane when expanding to different markets, if I was Phenoix, I'd be pissed but I'd set out to make a point, that my product is better.

I'd say TNA, ROH, NJPW are pissed that AEW is about, but it's up to them to be better them an alternative.

• Advertisement

I would have thought Phoenix and OTT had a decent relationship. There's a significant overlap in their talent pool.

Advertisement