Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭ThePott

Would be a strange move to start it up again for just an invasion angle. Don't know if Phoenix would be on board with it either.
    I think under the right circumstances they could definitely draw. As I said, not sure how it will go/what it is etc. I'm intrigued and people are talking about it so that's something.

I find the whole thing entertaining regardless, interested to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

bot43 wrote: »
    CCWs last show had 30-40 people at it. The promoters name is dirt. Unless it’s an invasion on Phoenix angle it’s going nowhere imo.

Absolute dirt.

From everything you see on Twitter or Irish wrestling podcasts etc it's clear CCW is a joke even amongst Irish wrestlers themselves. Check out Angel Cruz's tweet from today or Justy's. It's a joke. Phoenix has been such a step up from what CCW put out and also how many people actually came from CCW and made it to OTT? Two? One of which is a wrestler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I mean your man is totally correct in what he’s saying but I am enjoying the gaslighting, it’s pretty entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

leggo wrote: »
    I mean your man is totally correct in what he’s saying but I am enjoying the gaslighting, it’s pretty entertaining.

What do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Got tickets to the school of Irish wrestling show on Saturday in Donore does anyone know if there is parking nearby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Was that Blake Norton running CCW? He used to anyway if memory serves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,858 ✭✭✭hynesie08

brianblaze wrote: »

Nah Blake was a "consultant"...... And a ****ing moron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

brianblaze wrote: »
    Lee Cahalane. Booker and wrestler I'm fairly sure! Also fairly sure he put tag belts on himself and another guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

I think some of the social media against CCW is unfair. If the likes of Justy thought it was such a joke, why did they work for it more than once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I think some of the social media against CCW is unfair. If the likes of Justy thought it was such a joke, why did they work for it more than once?

Well wrestlers are whores :pac:
    Take any booking you can get when you are trying to get on. Same goes for actors.

But also let's be honest. When someone is invited to the party they haven't a bad word to say. Second they stop being invited "they're a shower of bastards anyways"

He's not the first to do it. He won't be the last.

• Advertisement

I'm blue in the face from saying it.
    If the OTT regulars on Twitter say "jump" then the fanboys say "how high?"
    Happened several times where a witch hunt has been set on promotions by one of them clicking their fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So an announcement has been made in regards to CCW on grapchat podcast.

Apparently they had Kino booked for November 1st but that venue was then pulled by owners.

He gave Justy a bit of flak calling me a comedy jobber. The owner is upset by slander they recieved online, due to CCW giving some people a platform to perform.

Prob all just leading to angles, which sounds fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Hello fellow wrestling fans. I’m abit out of the loop these days. The young lad has just found the wrestling bug and I’m delighted. Any good local shows around raheny- santry areas coming up.

I wouldn’t be into going to town. They used to do one in kilbarrack.

Sirsok wrote: »
    So an announcement has been made in regards to CCW on grapchat podcast.
    Link here if anyone wants to give it a listen, first 5 minutes are CCW/Justy stuff.

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-bk9fp-bd9bde
    Still don't think it's an angle tbh but very interested to see what happens.

EDIT- Justy is now apparently recording a podcast with Raven Creed both are teasing it's gonna be a shoot. The Cork scene is absolutely nuts right now.

On a separate note Phoenix just announced Phoenix Rising an All Ages brand highlighting future talents with their first show being Oct. 20th in the Circus Factory. Assuming this is their version of a Contenders brand. Pretty cool none the less and really adding to the insanity of Cork wrestling at the moment :pac:

BDI wrote: »
    Hello fellow wrestling fans. I’m abit out of the loop these days. The young lad has just found the wrestling bug and I’m delighted. Any good local shows around raheny- santry areas coming up.

I wouldn’t be into going to town. They used to do one in kilbarrack.

Fight Factory have an all ages Sunday afternoon show in Dublin City next month that’s family friendly but great wrestling for the adults, the School of Irish Wrestling also have one in Dublin tomorrow (Saturday). Also look into OTT Contenders shows, they’re all ages. If you’re willing to drive NLW have an afternoon show in Kildare in October too.

Debbie debuted at the NXT UK tapings

Justy's podcast with Raven Creed went up this morning
    https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-ckwae-bdd17e

It's insane and difficult to listen to at times but a must-listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

ThePott wrote: »
    Debbie debuted at the NXT UK tapings

Justy's podcast with Raven Creed went up this morning
    https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-ckwae-bdd17e

It's insane and difficult to listen to at times but a must-listen.

Insane indeed! Christ! Justy vs the owner in a Deathmatch, book it!

Don't know why I clicked either pocast...But geez that intro for Justy one is long and annoying.
    But this really is immature ****e isnt it? he said/she said BS over podcasts. Grow up the fu*k. Switched off both after a few minutes each.

But well done to this Raven chick. You just called a man a homophobe and near-rapist on a podcast for everyone to hear. Hear being the key word as have you ever heard of the word slander?
    Not that any legal ****e would come about from it if your man went to a solicitor. All hot air. But you don't go saying those things in in an open forum such as a podcast. You don't give someone that opportunity to go "wait a minute...."

Don't know why I clicked either pocast...But geez that intro for Justy one is long and annoying.
    But this really is immature ****e isnt it? he said/she said BS over podcasts. Grow up the fu*k. Switched off both after a few minutes each.

But well done to this Raven chick. You just called a man a homophobe and near-rapist on a podcast for everyone to hear. Hear being the key word as have you ever heard of the word slander?
    Not that any legal ****e would come about from it if your man went to a solicitor. All hot air. But you don't go saying those things in in an open forum such as a podcast. You don't give someone that opportunity to go "wait a minute...."

U ok hun x

U ok hun x

omg!!!! that's so funnyz xxxxxx

Wait.. am i doing the whole douchebag thing right? I can never tell ;) Perhaps you can give me a few pointers based on past experiences?

;)

• Advertisement

You just called me a douchebag on a forum for everyone to see. See being the key word as have you ever heard of the word libel?

Not that any legal ****e would come about from it if I went to a solicitor. All hot air. But you don't go saying those things on an open forum.
    ;)

;)

You do what slander is right?
    I could call you a pr*ck and that's just my opinion. That's not slander. Going on some podcast and saying how someone else is a homophobe and how they are ****ing creepy and almost a rapist? yeah... bit different.

Like fu*k this CCW guy. If the wind is blowing that he's an ass then he's an ass. Why say that sh*te on some podcast tho?
    Don't you think it's petty? immature?

Pssh. Let's be honest too... about 20 people are gonna listen to it too. So whats the point.

I could call you a pr*ck and that's just my opinion. That's not slander. Going on some podcast and saying how someone else is a homophobe and how they are ****ing creepy and almost a rapist? yeah... bit different.

Like fu*k this CCW guy. If the wind is blowing that he's an ass then he's an ass. Why say that sh*te on some podcast tho?

Pssh. Let's be honest too... about 20 people are gonna listen to it too. So whats the point.
    The main thing is you're not upset about it.

Yep, well aware of slander mate. Saying something false, defamatory that's damaging or harmful to someone's reputation or standing. I'm making light of what you said because it's such a radical outburst ladened with issues.

First off, people should be entitled to call out bad behaviour. Not to mention it wasn't all name-calling either as you make it out to be. That Raven "chick" (nice bit of passive aggression there) stated what happened. As you said, it's he said/she said. Doesn't mean she can't say it. Not to mention plenty of people can corroborate what was said in a lot of these stories. Then again you only listened to a few minutes of the podcast apparently.

They highlight, unprofessional behaviour and other aspects as well. Much in the same way legal action won't come from the 'slander', it won't come from this either most likely because trying to prove any of this in a legal setting would be near impossible. Doesn't mean she can't say it and again it isn't just her saying it.

I wasn't taking issue with the armchair lawyer stuff, more about the hostility and aggression about someone telling their story. Immature? Grand but so was what she put up with at the very least if this is true.
    As for why say it on a podcast, apparently CCW might start up again. They want to dissuade people from supporting it/working for them and the alleged behaviour of it's owner and feel they need to voice it. As for hearing his side, I'm sure he'll respond on his podcast which I also linked because again, open to hearing both sides.

So yeah, there you go. No one expects you to listen but no need to get triggered and throw a wobbly for no reason :rolleyes:.

EDIT- A lot more than 20 people are gonna listen to it too man. It's already all over Twitter and the LowBlows Podcast Networks has a pretty big base

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Listened to the first 20 or so minutes of it and while interesting just became an immature bitching session.

I produced it and personally spent all of yesterday fact-checking and verifying everything that went to air so that it could be verified if needed. We’re thorough with this stuff and I know defamation laws inside out as I had to learn it in training for radio presenting. So yeah, no slander here and happy to prove as much if called upon. I also warned that there’s always lads who find reasons to oppose whenever a woman speaks out and question it, and mentioned boards (not necessarily PW now) as particularly bad for it. So this is a bit gas tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

https://twitter.com/ShaunofRyan/status/1168515599615635456?s=19

In other news, think it's finally official, WWE just got themselves the best wrestling video editor they've ever had or will have to make some stuff for them. Big things destined for Shaun no doubt!

https://youtu.be/Xr7EMqKjPA4

Yep, well aware of slander mate. Saying something false, defamatory that's damaging or harmful to someone's reputation or standing. I'm making light of what you said because it's such a radical outburst ladened with issues.

First off, people should be entitled to call out bad behaviour. Not to mention it wasn't all name-calling either as you make it out to be. That Raven "chick" (nice bit of passive aggression there) stated what happened. As you said, it's he said/she said. Doesn't mean she can't say it. Not to mention plenty of people can corroborate what was said in a lot of these stories. Then again you only listened to a few minutes of the podcast apparently.

They highlight, unprofessional behaviour and other aspects as well. Much in the same way legal action won't come from the 'slander', it won't come from this either most likely because trying to prove any of this in a legal setting would be near impossible. Doesn't mean she can't say it and again it isn't just her saying it.

I wasn't taking issue with the armchair lawyer stuff, more about the hostility and aggression about someone telling their story. Immature? Grand but so was what she put up with at the very least if this is true.
    As for why say it on a podcast, apparently CCW might start up again. They want to dissuade people from supporting it/working for them and the alleged behaviour of it's owner and feel they need to voice it. As for hearing his side, I'm sure he'll respond on his podcast which I also linked because again, open to hearing both sides.

So yeah, there you go. No one expects you to listen but no need to get triggered and throw a wobbly for no reason :rolleyes:.

EDIT- A lot more than 20 people are gonna listen to it too man. It's already all over Twitter and the LowBlows Podcast Networks has a pretty big base

My response to you :)

My response to you :)
    That comment about maturity really aged well

• Advertisement

That comment about maturity really aged well

The exact same maturity as yours:
    U ok hun x

Guess you forgot about that.